Cooper Webb

Buying a bike that fits your racing lifestyle is most important for a novice or am. If you don't want to race much buy a rmz. They break often and parts seem to be a few weeks away no matter what it is. If you want to act like your the hero of the track buy a ktm. You obviously need the best of the best. If you want to just race and be happy you don't need to worry about your heavy tank of a bike buy a yz450... It's huge, heavy, and awkward. Perfect for the novice guy looking to have fun. Nuwave oven. Set it and forget it. You want to put crazy money into your bike to compete with the best because you got sponsors. And you have too much money. Buy a kxf/crf. Just different colors. Need about 10k in suspension work. 10k in the motor. You end up with a unreliable money pit that's the fastest bike on the track when it decides to start. Also go for these if you like to hold up races while pit crew attempts to pop start your bike, and draw attention to yourself. It helps with sponsors. So there you go pick your poison...

• Like 5

Unless it's a yzf of course, then its 100% rider trying to force the bike to do something it refuses 100% , net outcome is 0% good results

It you think Webb is a contender for win and the bike is holding him back you are kidding yourself. 

• Like 4

Looked most comfortable yet....second qualifying this week.

CW2 was less than 5 seconds from making it to the podium tonight. I think he may get a few more top 5 finishes this season and possibly a podium or two. There is no doubt that he has loads of potential. If he stays healthy and improves his starts then he should end up having a very respectable rookie season.
  • Like 3

Ldc is a racer. His lap times were $h!+ in comparison to guys he was passing. I think he is the rock that won't crack like roczen does. Raw speed is not the way to becoming champion. Its a way to get fans. I swing you swing we a swing for ? I've learned from my tomac crush that hearts get broken easy. Especially when it's a speed based crush.

• Like 1

Looks like our young Rookie just got a confidence boost last night. Great ride for the #2.

It was very impressive that he qualified 2nd competing against a stacked 450 field. Less than 5 seconds kept him off the podium last night. That was a great performance considering that it was just his 3rd race in the premier class!
  • Like 3

The 250 yzf is a good bike , no one is saying otherwise, it's no sxf but it's a good bike compared to the japs

The 450yzf is not a good bike , it's a crap bike , the 250f is not too heavy , the 450 is too heavy , the 250 handles reasonably, the 450 doesn't

The 450 is the problem, as shown by Webb, he can ride with the world champion outdoors ( as the weight and turning isn't a huge problem there) but indoors he can't turn for all the money in the world, that amazing factory kyb suspension doesn't seem to get him through the whoops like ken's? both factory kyb ....

I think the other bikes have issues including the sxf , but they are small and can be worked on , the yzf 450 ( not 250 ) has fundamental issues that even factory teams are searching for the answer, no factory rider in sx has liked the bike, many have openly said it has issues, that's not opinion, it's history, and it's happening again, Webb will say it sometime, you can Polish a turd but it's always a turd , one day when Yamaha redisign it Wes will accept it's not a good bike , but it will chug along for a long time , we all accept that

One thing would bother me , what would be the point of buying a 17 yzf when the only change was a airbox fitting ? Says... hay chump buy our weird handling bike because we have fixed the airbox

Yes you can polish a turd remeber its a bog stock ktm. Stealing championships and now stealing peoples references. Have you got a original thought somewhere in there you'd like to share or just regurgitate other peoples thoughts.

I don't think I've said much about AER other than it's air, which I would never waste my money on. The only two AER bikes I've seen at my local track have had the forks swapped out to Ohlins, so they may not be as great as you think. Maybe you need to work out if you can't lift a bike onto a stand, or you could be smarter and just get a lift stand like most sane people use. Like I said, mxa was clear that the YZ needed a skilled rider to appreciate it. If you're afraid to actually try one before you criticize, then I guess we can draw some conclusions.

Snap

Yes you can polish a turd remeber its a bog stock ktm. Stealing championships and now stealing peoples references. Have you got a original thought somewhere in there you'd like to share or just regurgitate other peoples thoughts.

What is it with all these nobody twats showing up in the Pro Forum and thinking they are somebody we give a shit about listening to?

• Like 1