What did you do to your 2017 FE501 today, ECU, TPS and mods etc.

Thanks SC and Wadzy, good to know I'm taking the right route.

One more thing to add. Messing with the tps doesn't effect fuel characteristics past half throttle. That's where I feel it needs it most. Even with the eu map it still feels a bit lean up top. I'm considering getting the jd tuner just to add fuel up high.
  • Like 1

If anyone has a connection or who to get to map my ECU with the EU map lemme know. My dealer swears they can't. I'm in Pa and willing to drive or send it in.

38 minutes ago, gunslinger226 said:

If anyone has a connection or who to get to map my ECU with the EU map lemme know. My dealer swears they can't. I'm in Pa and willing to drive or send it in.

This is pretty high price, I think they raised the price recently.

but last resort       https://blaisracingservices.com/ktm-husqvarna-euro-map-ecu-re-programming.html

One more thing to add. Messing with the tps doesn't effect fuel characteristics past half throttle. That's where I feel it needs it most. Even with the eu map it still feels a bit lean up top. I'm considering getting the jd tuner just to add fuel up high.

That's cool but I don't think we need that in the Northeast.

What did I do to my fe 501 today?

Installed

-swing arm protection

-double take mirror

-fuel filter sock

-bark buster

-scotts damper

-ram mount phone holder

-quick connect battery charger

-cyclops 7000 lumens

-sticker kit

-front and rear disc guard

-neoprene fork saver

-Radiator guard

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Back in the saddle again said:

Got me some MAP and TC!

IMG_0112.JPG

Pic's of the wiring install please...:)

On 3/4/2017 at 1:30 PM, Wadzy said:

Crazybrother, I didn't takes pics of the install but everything you need to know is here.  For the test ride report, Map 2 seems to pull harder than map 1. I'm not sure what the TC is doing for me.  I can spin the tire with it on or off.  Took it up a couple steep hills with TC on and all I can say is maybe it helped.  I'm not sure when I should have it on..  It was a feature that I was very dissapointed to see the bike came without, so now I feel it is whole. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2017 at 3:58 PM, gunslinger226 said:

Thanks for the input and pm's guys I have myself and 2 other guys gonna do send them out this week.

Gunslinger- Where did you decide to send yours?  Can you PM me the location?  I'm in the northeast and had mine remapped, but I'm not happy with the one I ended up with as it leaves the FI light on, and I'm just not comfortable with that.  

5 hours ago, Back in the saddle again said:

Took it up a couple steep hills with TC on and all I can say is maybe it helped.  I'm not sure when I should have it on..  It was a feature that I was very dissapointed to see the bike came without, so now I feel it is whole. 

There's no wheel speed sensors or anything to monitor, so Id say it just slightly retards the timing so the wheel doesn't light up as easily.

Today I installed a Polisport clutch cover.  It is blue plastic but they also come in black if you prefer.  Polisport does not list the FE501 in their application chart but they do list the FE450.  Since the only difference is the length of the stroke, I was pretty sure it would fit but it seemed odd that they would release a new part and not list the FE501 so I e-mailed Polisport and received a response from António Vinha who informed me that it would not fit and they don't make a cover for the '17 FE501.  I didn't believe him and ordered one for an '17 FE450.  It fits my 501 perfectly.

The cover seems high quality.  It comes with 3 metal collars that insert into the plastic cover and it also comes with 3 bolts that are slightly longer to accommodate the extra thickness of the cover.  Overall I am very pleased with the solution.  

i-vXt6zkM-L.jpg

• Like 3

Anyone know what size spoke wrench is needed for the 17 model, mine has like 12 different size on it and they are all too small.

3 hours ago, window2time said:

Today I installed a Polisport clutch cover.  It is blue plastic but they also come in black if you prefer.  Polisport does not list the FE501 in their application chart but they do list the FE450.  Since the only difference is the length of the stroke, I was pretty sure it would fit but it seemed odd that they would release a new part and not list the FE501 so I e-mailed Polisport and received a response from António Vinha who informed me that it would not fit and they don't make a cover for the '17 FE501.  I didn't believe him and ordered one for an '17 FE450.  It fits my 501 perfectly.

The cover seems high quality.  It comes with 3 metal collars that insert into the plastic cover and it also comes with 3 bolts that are slightly longer to accommodate the extra thickness of the cover.  Overall I am very pleased with the solution.  

i-vXt6zkM-L.jpg

Where did you get it?

Gunslinger- Where did you decide to send yours?  Can you PM me the location?  I'm in the northeast and had mine remapped, but I'm not happy with the one I ended up with as it leaves the FI light on, and I'm just not comfortable with that.  

I'm in CT and sent mine to Munn on Monday and got it back Friday and no lights are on.

8 hours ago, shingo said:

Anyone know what size spoke wrench is needed for the 17 model, mine has like 12 different size on it and they are all too small.

unless something changed , I just use a 7mm wrench, no spoke wrench fitted mine either, including the one in the tool bag(too small)

I like the large nipples

Edited by Spud786

12 hours ago, crazybrother said:

Where did you get it?

I got mine from www.motocrosscenter.com

They are in Spain.  I couldn't find a US dealer that had the covers in stock.  Slavens Racing carries Polisport stuff but I couldn't find the clutch covers on their website.  The shipping from Spain was kind of expensive but it arrived quickly and without any problems.

Crazybrother, I didn't takes pics of the install but everything you need to know is here.  For the test ride report, Map 2 seems to pull harder than map 1. I'm not sure what the TC is doing for me.  I can spin the tire with it on or off.  Took it up a couple steep hills with TC on and all I can say is maybe it helped.  I'm not sure when I should have it on..  It was a feature that I was very dissapointed to see the bike came without, so now I feel it is whole. 

Will be receiving my switch today. Did you buy the eu harness or did you wire to the existing harness. I'm going to try wiring to the existing one.

27 minutes ago, SpringChicken said:

Will be receiving my switch today. Did you buy the eu harness or did you wire to the existing harness. I'm going to try wiring to the existing one.

I used the existing harness.  pulled power from the speedo lead, ran a new ground wire to the frame ground underneath the gas tank.  Ran two wires to the ECU. The trickiest part was getting the pins to seat in the plugs.