crazybrother

What did you do to your 2017 FE501 today, ECU, TPS and mods etc.

On 2/5/2018 at 9:34 PM, white tortilla said:

i just got the IMS 4.5 gallon in the mail for the Baja runs. 

I'm on my second IMS 4.5 tank.  The first one developed a leak at the lower left bracket.  Before putting the replacement tank on I installed the ktmandhusky.com radiator guards.  These guards a wider than stock and hold the 4.5 tank in place.  So I didn't need to use the lower bracket that IMS gives you.  I was out on the White Rim trail in Moab when the leak started and wasn't really happy about having to ride home like that.  I've since put a lot of miles on my bike and have had no trouble with my tank.

23 hours ago, duggram said:

I'm on my second IMS 4.5 tank.  The first one developed a leak at the lower left bracket.  Before putting the replacement tank on I installed the ktmandhusky.com radiator guards.  These guards a wider than stock and hold the 4.5 tank in place.  So I didn't need to use the lower bracket that IMS gives you.  I was out on the White Rim trail in Moab when the leak started and wasn't really happy about having to ride home like that.  I've since put a lot of miles on my bike and have had no trouble with my tank.

did a fall cause the leak or just stress on the bolt hole?

It leaked as soon as i put it on.  At first I didn't have enough gas in the tank to come up to the level of bolt hole.   As soon as I got back from the gas station for the first full tank it was leaking.  The leak was very slow before leaving for Moab so I tried to ride it, but the leak picked up just from riding.  No falls on it.   Now with those heavy radiator guards there's no need to use those lower bolt holes.   I have about 3/8" clearance on each side.  BTW initially I set those bolts to 10NM.  Not really very tight.

Edited by duggram
  • Like 1

I’ve be riding 1track for the last 6 months and using starcross 5s with no road riding. With all of the recent rain, I have been thinking of putting the mini-adventure gear back on her.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2018 at 1:59 PM, beardedballer said:

I’ve be riding 1track for the last 6 months and using starcross 5s with no road riding. With all of the recent rain, I have been thinking of putting the mini-adventure gear back on her.

I've been impressed with the Starcrosses.  Have used them on several bikes.  Was out riding the new trails I cut out on my recently acquired property, which was a wet clay mess.  Was super impressed with the traction on the Starcross 5's.  Running Tubliss, which allowed me also to be at about 6 lbs rear, 8 lbs front.

But not so good on the road.

Edited by markbfe501
  • Like 1

I've been impressed with the Starcrosses.  Have used them on several bikes.  Was out riding the new trails I cut out on my recently acquired property, which was a wet clay mess.  Was super impressed with the traction on the Starcross 5's.  Running Tubliss, which allowed me also to be at about 6 lbs rear, 8 lbs front.
But not so good on the road.

Starcross is my go to for single track. Rock, roots, ruts and mud.

I just ordered the 606 and MT21 for some adventure riding. Thinking of trailering to AR border (5hrs) and doing the TAT across Arkansas. My riding area is crazy flooded here.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, beardedballer said:

Starcross is my go to for single track. Rock, roots, ruts and mud.

I just ordered the 606 and MT21 for some adventure riding. Thinking of trailering to AR border (5hrs) and doing the TAT across Arkansas. My riding area is crazy flooded here.

I just hauled in 12 tons of pure white sugar sand (eg., Orange Beach, AL sand) today.  Will be putting a sand layer over all my trails to try to add some traction and help with runoff.  A buddy of mine had a hard time not slipping around.  He's still on dual sport tires, and much higher pressure.  So now, I get to hand carry and hand shovel 12 tons of sand over a quarter mile of new trails.  We've had a ton of rain here in the past couple of months.

Edited by markbfe501

I just hauled in 12 tons of pure white sugar sand (eg., Orange Beach, AL sand) today.  Will be putting a sand layer over all my trails to try to add some traction and help with runoff.  A buddy of mine had a hard time not slipping around.  He's still on dual sport tires, and much higher pressure.  So now, I get to hand carry and hand shovel 12 tons of sand over a quarter mile of new trails.  We've had a ton of rain here in the past couple of months.

I’d have to use a four wheeler or small tractor for that job.

I’m just gonna run from the water.

Phase 1 of my private riding area completed.  A little single track, a trials area, a lot of open space and a few hang out spots.

IMG_9018.JPG

IMG_9025.JPG

IMG_9033.JPG

IMG_9037.JPG

IMG_9043.JPG

• Like 7

Phase 1 of my private riding area completed.  A little single track, a trials area, a lot of open space and a few hang out spots.

IMG_9018.JPG.80e58d9e6fbe457d5f2390ee94158f95.JPG
IMG_9025.JPG.b8f4c99fa2206b3830b613e097f6e253.JPG
IMG_9033.JPG.890cd2ee3cba5eecc66d4934360ff822.JPG
IMG_9037.JPG.32a0ce7809edd1ba87e192e44883d18b.JPG
IMG_9043.JPG.f6e3de1c195661dbec336b45938d8a5b.JPG

That looks great. Hard work pays off.
  • Like 1

On March 15, 2018 at 7:10 PM, markbfe501 said:

IMG_9018.JPG

IMG_9025.JPG

IMG_9033.JPG

IMG_9037.JPG

IMG_9043.JPG

Wow mark that is awesome man!! 😃👍🏽

• Like 1

Hey guys!! Anyone in So. Cal. interested in going for a ride this Sunday out in Beaumont Ca. Hit me up. We'll rip around in the hills for a few hours then head over to oak glen for lunch and a beer or two. Message me if interested and I’ll let you know what time and where we’ll meet. I’ll be riding there from riverside area. Hope some of you want to ride. 

Edited by Emilio Fitchett
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2018 at 7:10 PM, markbfe501 said:

OK fine you talked me into it.    I will come give it a try. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2018 at 11:14 AM, Emilio Fitchett said:

Hey guys!! Anyone in So. Cal. interested in going for a ride this Sunday out in Beaumont Ca. Hit me up. We'll rip around in the hills for a few hours then head over to oak glen for lunch and a beer or two. Message me if interested and I’ll let you know what time and where we’ll meet. I’ll be riding there from riverside area. Hope some of you want to ride. 

Dang I am late to the party!  How was it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sigma Pi said:

OK fine you talked me into it.    I will come give it a try. 

You're welcome anytime!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markbfe501 said:

You're welcome anytime!

I will have you know I am an connoisseur of trails, my expertise is in the quality of the dirt, and more specifically how it feels to fall on it, I will let you know how yours stacks up to the other trails I have ridden haha. 

• Like 3

You're welcome anytime!

I just spent spring break with the family in Gulf Shores on that Orange Beach sand. I shoulda brought my scooter and made a day trip.
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, beardedballer said:

I just spent spring break with the family in Gulf Shores on that Orange Beach sand. I shoulda brought my scooter and made a day trip.

My riding area is 10 minutes from Gulf Shores.  We have plenty of white sugar sand.  Wish we had a few rocks!