crazybrother

What did you do to your 2017 FE501 today, ECU, TPS and mods etc.

2 hours ago, Sigma Pi said:

I will have you know I am an connoisseur of trails, my expertise is in the quality of the dirt, and more specifically how it feels to fall on it, I will let you know how yours stacks up to the other trails I have ridden haha. 

Plenty of trees and chinese privet to slow your decent.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, markbfe501 said:

Plenty of trees and chinese privet to slow your decent.

Out here all we have is dirt and rocks, you guys are fancy out there! 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sigma Pi said:

Dang I am late to the party!  How was it?

It was fun sigma. You said you were close to me? I’m in Pico Rivera next time you should join us. You ever rode out in Beaumont?

• Like 1

Just now, Emilio Fitchett said:

It was fun sigma. You said you were close to me? I’m in Pico Rivera next time you should join us. You ever rode out in Beaumont?

Down the 605 from you in Bellflower.   I have never been.  For sure!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beardedballer said:

We have roots, mud, and rocks. Haven’t had dirt for months now.

This is what I ride in usually:

Edited by Sigma Pi
  • Like 1

We only get to ride in the winter, because the summer it is sizzling out there. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Christian Waddell said:

Baja Designs light. Going to post a review on the channel once completed testing.

Happy Easter guys!

20180401_173511.jpg

20180401_173657.jpg

Lookin good!  Thanks for supporting Baja Designs (BD)

www.bajadesigns.com

Hi guys, my favorite and most recent mod~!

• Like 3

So I installed the JD jetting tuner but I'm having some issues. I have the euro map with the euro map switch, pulled reeds, opened stock exhaust. Tps set at .65

Here's the issue I'm having my idle is way up at 3k rpm sometimes a little higher. Should I just keep adding fuel to the idle section until my idle drops to 1800rpm or do I have some other issue. I checked all my rubber boots connection to make sure they were tight. Any suggestions would be great.

24 minutes ago, ffryno13 said:

So I installed the JD jetting tuner but I'm having some issues. I have the euro map with the euro map switch, pulled reeds, opened stock exhaust. Tps set at .65

Here's the issue I'm having my idle is way up at 3k rpm sometimes a little higher. Should I just keep adding fuel to the idle section until my idle drops to 1800rpm or do I have some other issue. I checked all my rubber boots connection to make sure they were tight. Any suggestions would be great.

I would start by removing the JD tuner and see if that corrects your problem. Curious as why you did this with the Euro Map... Mine runs perfect with the Euro Map and TPS set at .59 (reeds pulled and FMF 4.1) Smog removed too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crazybrother said:

I would start by removing the JD tuner and see if that corrects your problem. Curious as why you did this with the Euro Map... Mine runs perfect with the Euro Map and TPS set at .59 (reeds pulled and FMF 4.1) Smog removed too.

It started to do it when I returned the tps back to .60 before the tuner and ever since then it's been acting like this. 

Even with the euro map I was getting lean spots in the throttle so I figured the tuner could help deal with it. 

I have trail tech Voyager on my bike which is where I'm getting my room from and the idle sounds really high compared to my brothers mostly stock bike 

48 minutes ago, ffryno13 said:

I have the EU map, no reed and FMF exhaust.  My TPS set to .68-.70 I would get pops on decel at .65

1 minute ago, Sigma Pi said:

I have the EU map, no reed and FMF exhaust.  My TPS set to .68-.70 I would get pops on decel at .65

Well if that's true could it be something like valves? 

Broke the brass spigot off of my intake while doing the emissions delete.  Then just to make it really fun, broke the easy out while trying to get it out.  Totally screwed on my bike with 3 miles on it..  :(.. NO idea what to do now.

Capture.PNG

20180417_215425.jpg

Broke the brass spigot off of my intake while doing the emissions delete.  Then just to make it really fun, broke the easy out while trying to get it out.  Totally screwed on my bike with 3 miles on it..  .. NO idea what to do now.

Capture.PNG.17280ef8079991f4977e3d8a521790a5.PNG

20180417_215425.thumb.jpg.c22a825baacb53b30b3a14e338d048fa.jpg

Similar event with my c/s sprocket with excessive thread lock from the factory. Even a high-end extractor did no good. Ended up having to replace the countershaft which required engine tear down. To say the least thread lock not used in reassembly

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, zoomdude57 said:

Similar event with my c/s sprocket with excessive thread lock from the factory. Even a high-end extractor did no good. Ended up having to replace the countershaft which required engine tear down. To say the least thread lock not used in reassembly

WOW.. lucky for me, it was simply an emission thing that i was blocking off anyways.  That's terrible for your deal.. bet you were bummed.

• Like 1