crazybrother

What did you do to your 2017 FE501 today, ECU, TPS and mods etc.

On 6/7/2017 at 10:09 AM, Vagus said:

I've had 3 KTMs, a husaberg and a Husky FE450. I've never beeen able to get into neutral with the engine running (intentionally) on any of them.

17fe450 here...  cant get mine into neutral either. Had other riders try my as well with no luck... any solutions to this?

Crap, I just noticed the date of this post..... .....

Edited by wr250ish
Pay attention to the dates

Antifreeze/coolant.

First, has anyone used the 50/50 mix from Walmart, yellow Prestone I believe..just doesn’t specify if it’s silicate free or not.

Second of all, what is everyone using? I’m asking because the Honda tech told me I had the environmentally friendly (red) coolant and I plan to swap the stock thermostat out for the thermobob.

Thinking about just flushing the system and buying an extra bottle so I can at least top of the rads if need be without the possibility of mixing coolants.

Thoughts? Thanks guys.

If your looking to shave a few pounds on your bike or want to see how the P3 Carbon compares to Flatland Racing skid plate..this is what I did to my FE501 today. 

Edited by Wadzy
  • Like 1

Got my SM wheels! Such a sick deal on these. Just waiting for tubes and tires now. Going to run small brake rotor for a bit, then get Beringers.

2018-07-26 16.57.34.jpg

• Like 2

Oh my God is going to look absolutely sick.

This is what I just completed.

• Like 2

Got my SM wheels! Such a sick deal on these. Just waiting for tubes and tires now. Going to run small brake rotor for a bit, then get Beringers.

1094299045_2018-07-2616_57_34.jpg.7a4a6b214e687d0295eea5482600ccd3.jpg

Where did ya get em?

Anyone know if Polisport is coming out with a plastic ignition cover soon? Can't find anyone that makes a plastic one for this bike. Only a carbon one.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:00 PM, HansLanda said:

2018-07-26 16.57.34.jpg

Don't do tubes!!

Check YouTube for 3M tape tubeless set-up.  I have done it on my son's SM wheels and it works excellent.  My friend has done it on several SM sets and races AMA with them and they have not failed him yet.  You will save a bunch of weight per wheel.

Here's one video.  It's silent, but he's using the 3M tape and it comes in different widths.

Dave

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Y7CLHM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by Decreasing Dave
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Decreasing Dave said:

Don't do tubes!!

Check YouTube for 3M tape tubeless set-up.  I have done it on my son's SM wheels and it works excellent.  My friend has done it on several SM sets and races AMA with them and they have not failed him yet.  You will save a bunch of weight per wheel.

Here's one video.  It's silent, but he's using the 3M tape and it comes in different widths.

Dave

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Y7CLHM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I haven't ridden it yet, but I built a set of flat track wheels for my sportster, and I went this route. Tires have been sitting with air in them for at least 6 months. They seem to stay inflated better than anything I have tubes in.... Go figure.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2018 at 2:37 PM, wr250ish said:

17fe450 here...  cant get mine into neutral either. Had other riders try my as well with no luck... any solutions to this?

Crap, I just noticed the date of this post..... .....

If you are rolling when trying to put it in neutral it makes it a lot easier. 

9 hours ago, Decreasing Dave said:

Don't do tubes!!

Dave

Too late, bought the tubes already. Maybe when I pop em, I'll go tubeless. 
Someone told me that the silicone was heavier than tubes though. Not true?

Too late, bought the tubes already. Maybe when I pop em, I'll go tubeless. 

Someone told me that the silicone was heavier than tubes though. Not true?
No, it's not true and you didn't even look at my video or the link to the "tape". No silicone.

Keep the tubes for a backup.

Dave

15 minutes ago, Decreasing Dave said:

No, it's not true and you didn't even look at my video or the link to the "tape". No silicone.

Keep the tubes for a backup.

Dave

Wait, who's your son? I went to a few AMA SM rounds this year.

Bought the tape!

Edited by HansLanda
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, HansLanda said:

Wait, who's your son? I went to a few AMA SM rounds this year.

Bought the tape!

My son isn't the AMA racer, my friend is.  Actually I have two friends racing the series.  Dave Rock came in second and Eugene Fiorotto came in third in the Amateur series last year.  Eugene is the one that showed me the tape method on the wheels.  He has done it to several of his bikes including his current racebike with zero issues.

Dave

• Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 9:31 PM, HansLanda said:

Anyone know if Polisport is coming out with a plastic ignition cover soon? Can't find anyone that makes a plastic one for this bike. Only a carbon one.

Acerbis makes one, just put one on my 18 FE450. They have clutch and ignition covers

30 minutes ago, Blueprint said:

Acerbis makes one, just put one on my 18 FE450. They have clutch and ignition covers

Do you have a part number? I can't find one that fits the 501 anywhere, even their 2018 catalog.

https://acerbisusa.uberflip.com/i/931217-acerbis-catalog-2018/0?m4=

This was the closest I found, no 501. 

http://www.acerbis.it/motorsport/en/product/plastics/x-power-/0023153#a_page