crazybrother

What did you do to your 2017 FE501 today, ECU, TPS and mods etc.

[mention=486328]HansLanda[/mention]  thats the one. bolted right up to my FE450, cant imagine the 501 is any different? same engine beside displacement

I thought the same when I bought the Polisport cover, which was listed to fit FE,FX,and FC 450s. The FE501 was not listed under fitment. The bolts lined up but was slightly smaller and not 'deep' enough. I believe the Acerbis will probably not fit either, the ignition cover is slightly larger on the 501 apparently.

5 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

I thought the same when I bought the Polisport cover, which was listed to fit FE,FX,and FC 450s. The FE501 was not listed under fitment. The bolts lined up but was slightly smaller and not 'deep' enough. I believe the Acerbis will probably not fit either, the ignition cover is slightly larger on the 501 apparently.

FE450 an FE501 ignition cover part numbers are identical. I think it will fit. I didn't buy the polisport because they didn't list the FE450 on their fitment chart. The FE450 is listed on the acerbis cover. It is the only option i found.

• Like 1

That tape was really annoying to apply. Wasted a bunch and never finished the front wheel. 3" wide tape trying to fit in a 1.5" section of the rim was really hard. Going to run a front tube for sure, and a rear tube if it doesn't hold air.

On 8/2/2018 at 1:51 PM, Blueprint said:

FE450 an FE501 ignition cover part numbers are identical. I think it will fit. I didn't buy the polisport because they didn't list the FE450 on their fitment chart. The FE450 is listed on the acerbis cover. It is the only option i found.

I bought the polysport ignition cover and clutch cover for my 17 fe450. Clutch cover fit perfect. The ignition cover didn't. Just like mentioned previously, it wasn't "deep" enough. It listed my bike on the package as fitting.  However, the FC450 was listed as well.  The fe bikes have larger stators to accommodate the electronics not found on the fc's. Turns out polysport mislabeled these products. I actually emailed them and they are aware of the issue and I think they no longer list an ignition cover for the fe's.  I'll probably order an ignition cover from acerbis.

• Like 1

Finally installed my Goldentyre Fatty with Nitromousse (pulled out the Tubliss).  Used the Rabaconda which made both taking the old off and putting the new on much easier and faster.

Hey Bolt, it definitely didn't happen in 3 minutes, even with 2 of us going at it.  Do I get a price reduction/rebate on the Rabaconda?

Honestly, it did make the job go much easier.  Lubing up the mousse makes you feel like you're molesting an elephant, though . . .

So for anyone who has installed the plastic ignition or clutch covers, did you wait until you were doing an oil change and remove the stock bolts to add the covers with the engine case drained or does it not even matter??

5 hours ago, markbfe501 said:

Finally installed my Goldentyre Fatty with Nitromousse (pulled out the Tubliss).  Used the Rabaconda which made both taking the old off and putting the new on much easier and faster.

Hey Bolt, it definitely didn't happen in 3 minutes, even with 2 of us going at it.  Do I get a price reduction/rebate on the Rabaconda?

Honestly, it did make the job go much easier.  Lubing up the mousse makes you feel like you're molesting an elephant, though . . .

Getting ready to pull the trigger for Tubliss front and rear.  Was the front a problem?

2 minutes ago, 556er said:

Getting ready to pull the trigger for Tubliss front and rear.  Was the front a problem?

No problem, in fact it was awesome.  I had a pretty good sharp rock tear first day of 5 on a trip with my son at Moab last October.  I had some of the tiny DynaPlugs with me and knew they wouldn't seal the hole I had (probably 1/2" slit).  I rode back to my truck about 5 miles on a flat, over nothing but sharp ledges, etc (other side of Gemini Bridges), and about 2 miles on highway at 45mph.  Stuck 3 full sized plugs in the tire and rode the rest of the week.  I did have to air up occasionally.  In fact, I have been on that same tire until today.  Tubliss definitely helps me on the sandy single track by being able to air down.

Anyway, I'm headed to Montrose, CO next week for 5 days of trials and offroading on my two bikes and thought I should do something about my front tire.  So decided to try the nitro mousse this go around.  Still running the Tubliss on the rear.  

From today's experience in changing on the Rabaconda, I can certainly see that my next change (from mousse to mousse) will go pretty quick.  Key things for me are to see how the mousse feels (11-13 psi equivalent, deadness, etc) and longevity.  I have hung onto my Tubliss, just in case. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, markbfe501 said:

No problem, in fact it was awesome.  I had a pretty good sharp rock tear first day of 5 on a trip with my son at Moab last October.  I had some of the tiny DynaPlugs with me and knew they wouldn't seal the hole I had (probably 1/2" slit).  I rode back to my truck about 5 miles on a flat, over nothing but sharp ledges, etc (other side of Gemini Bridges), and about 2 miles on highway at 45mph.  Stuck 3 full sized plugs in the tire and rode the rest of the week.  I did have to air up occasionally.  In fact, I have been on that same tire until today.  Tubliss definitely helps me on the sandy single track by being able to air down.

Anyway, I'm headed to Montrose, CO next week for 5 days of trials and offroading on my two bikes and thought I should do something about my front tire.  So decided to try the nitro mousse this go around.  Still running the Tubliss on the rear.  

From today's experience in changing on the Rabaconda, I can certainly see that my next change (from mousse to mousse) will go pretty quick.  Key things for me are to see how the mousse feels (11-13 psi equivalent, deadness, etc) and longevity.  I have hung onto my Tubliss, just in case. 

Ok thanks, I'm ready to give Tubliss a try.        

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyler90 said:

So for anyone who has installed the plastic ignition or clutch covers, did you wait until you were doing an oil change and remove the stock bolts to add the covers with the engine case drained or does it not even matter??

At least with the acerbis you do not have to remove all the bolts to install  the cover. So the stock ignition and clutch covers never come off

• Helpful 1

Well I do need new fork guards. I read that some people just start riding supermoto without cutting the plastic and the tire will cut it for you. I did this and it worked, but also cracked the plastic down near the mounting bolts, and it flaps around now, haha. But now I have a perfect template to cut my new one with!

My tire even rubs that black plastic slider on the fork! It rubbed some flat spots and gets knocked up and unclipped from its spot. I'll maybe get another one and grind it down for clearance and find some non harmful way to glue it down.

14 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

Well I do need new fork guards. I read that some people just start riding supermoto without cutting the plastic and the tire will cut it for you. I did this and it worked, but also cracked the plastic down near the mounting bolts, and it flaps around now, haha. But now I have a perfect template to cut my new one with!

My tire even rubs that black plastic slider on the fork! It rubbed some flat spots and gets knocked up and I clipped from its spot. I'll maybe get another one and grind it down for clearance and find some non harmful way to glue it down.

I cut two slots in the fork guard where the tire goes.   It was tedious taking it on and off so I could make small cuts and wouldn't cut a huge hole out of it....... it turns out it needs a huge hole lol. 

2 minutes ago, Sigma Pi said:

I cut two slots in the fork guard where the tire goes.   It was tedious taking it on and off so I could make small cuts and wouldn't cut a huge hole out of it....... it turns out it needs a huge hole lol. 

Did your fork slider need trimming? My front tire is a 120, not that fat, and hits the slider as well.

2018-08-13 10_16-OEM Parts.png

13 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

Did your fork slider need trimming? My front tire is a 120, not that fat, and hits the slider as well.

2018-08-13 10_16-OEM Parts.png

Not that I noticed, I will check tonight when I get home.   I am sure I did not cut it, I will see if it is rubbing.