2017 YZ250F Spark Arrestor

To the best of my knowledge you have 3 choices:

1) Buy a whole new muffler

2) Buy just an end cap

3) Buy just a spark arrester

I'm looking at the Pro Moto Billet end cap myself. 

With those caps; you need to drill out the rivets on the stock end cap, correct? Then how does the new cap attatch?

With those caps; you need to drill out the rivets on the stock end cap, correct? Then how does the new cap attatch?

Yes, you need to drill out those rivets. The instructions call for new rivets but I'm wondering if you could get away with bolts or screws?

Yea, I am kind of looking for a spark arrestor/silencer combo... (California Legal).  Having a hard time finding anything for my bike.  There are a few "Universal Fit" products.  But some of them look cheap.  I want something that is going to last.  I saw a spark arrestor can, but from what I could tell.. it was louder than stock.  That's not OK for my situation.

Yes, you need to drill out those rivets. The instructions call for new rivets but I'm wondering if you could get away with bolts or screws?

They use screws, not rivets...

I'm thinking about getting the PMB and riveting it in even though it comes with screws.  Overkill? 

Do you want to drill out more rivets each time you repack? Use the screws it come with.

I run PMB for fun riding and bought the Yosh slip on for enduros with sound tests. 

15 YZ250F

Do you want to drill out more rivets each time you repack? Use the screws it come with.

Good point.

How many times are you guys repacking? I had 110 hours on my 15 and never repacked? As for the original post I use a db dawg insert when required.

I repack at about 50 hours, or when my ears ring after running a sand wash, it gets a bark to it that make my ears ring. As I've aged and lost a lot of my hearing, I've discovered that sharp noises hurt.