2005 525 exc not charging battery!

Many similar topics, for sure. Any help is appreciated....! I have a nice battery, a YUASA, YTZ7S(6.3 Amp hr, 130CCA), 6 months old. Load tested good just today. Trickle charger has it always at 12.6A when charger removed, bike off. Trickle charger removed, bike started, rev a bit, charging climbs to 14.0V, which I was told was good. The problem, when riding I get about 8 to 10 starts out of the battery and then it is dead. This happens even if I am riding 10 minutes or 30 minutes between start stop. The battery is grounded to the sub frame and I have dielectric grease on the grounds the subframe bolts and the battery-ground and positive sides. There does not seem to be any bleeding of the battery. Any under-tank connections that could be an issue? Any guesses? Thank you!!!!

I had a similar issue on my 06 450 exc. It had a ballistic battery, and after using the easy button i found it dyeing out. I even bought another battery thinking it was bad. What I found was after riding and the bike got hot either the regulator or rectifier was crapping the bed. Run the bike around pull the seat and check the charging voltage at the battery. You should see 13-14 volts. when revved up. i was seeing 10-11 volts. it was enough to keep the bike running. I put in a Trail-tech DC convertor system and haven't looked back since.

Assuming you're a Raider fan! 21 years I was part of the Raider nation. Last 15 I've been a charger fan --- what a bad choice I made. I guess that's what I get for being a traitor to the silver and black. Hey, thanks a million for the insight on charging voltage. I'll definitely have to check the voltage at battery after heat-up. Yes, I bought new battery, too, thinking it was my previous battery that was the issue. Just confirmed part number for trail tech DC stator kit earlier today. Glad to hear it worked for you. Sr-8310. Really appreciate the help!

• 1 month later...