04 crf250r boggs when I flick the throttle..

Just finished completely rebuilding my bike because I got water in my cylinder  :banghead:  aside from that before it would bog when i got on the throttle and now its worse after rebuilding. (I thought it was a jet dirty or plugged). I had my honda dealer throw in a bigger jet and clean the carb and i did everything else (cleaned everything inside and out in the top end). fired it up and everything was good but now the bog is worse than before and it will die when unless i get off the throttle quick. I dont think its the accelerator pump because my dealership would have said something when they pulled apart the carb? and i can see it shooting a good amount of gas in when i hit the throttle. so what else could it be?

I want to say it was the main jet.. I think I'm going to just order a JD kit and put that in and see if it makes a difference.

No, that is guessing. Don't guess.

If it runs well otherwise, putting in a JD Jetting kit WILL DO NOTHING.

You need to know what is done to your bike....no one else will know....

You need to rebuild the ACCELERATOR PUMP system if you want results.

Why don't you ask them?

They went from a 42 on the slow jet and bumped it up to a 45. They said the accelerator pump looked fine. Maybe it's running too rich and I should go back down to a 40? Being that the 45 made it worse. Edited by jensenskates

They went from a 42 on the slow jet and bumped it up to a 45. They said the accelerator pump looked fine. Maybe it's running too rich and I should go back down to a 40? Being that the 45 made it worse.

I'm not sure how to be more clear.

The pilot jet is for IDLE ONLY, and has nothing to do with your bog.

You want a 45 pilot unless you are riding at 9,000 ft elevation, then 42.

The apump system is the issue.

I'm not sure how to be more clear.

The pilot jet is for IDLE ONLY, and has nothing to do with your bog.

You want a 45 pilot unless you are riding at 9,000 ft elevation, then 42.

The apump system is the issue.

Fixed it, went back to 42 pilot jet adjusted pin to second slot so it's running a bit more lean and no more bog nig nog