2013 CRF 450 spark arrestor

I just bought a 2013 CRF 450 and it still has the original pipes/exhaust system. I ride at Hollister Hills in CA and need to have a spark arrestor. Has anyone had success with installing the end cap spark arrestor and if so, will it still pass sound regulations? I'm trying to do this as cheap as possible. If someone installed an entire new exhaust/spark arrestor, let me know what you used.

I just bought a 2013 CRF 450 and it still has the original pipes/exhaust system. I ride at Hollister Hills in CA and need to have a spark arrestor. Has anyone had success with installing the end cap spark arrestor and if so, will it still pass sound regulations? I'm trying to do this as cheap as possible. If someone installed an entire new exhaust/spark arrestor, let me know what you used.

Because you have dual pipes it might be better to just run a new single FMF silencer.  The Pro Moto Billet end caps are awesome...  but cost $259 cause you need two...  the FMF single Hex Q4 S/A Silencer is only $50 more... and it comes with a replacement flat side panel for the left side since you will be pulling that pipe off.

This pmb_09_end_spa_arr_end_cap_hon-red.jpgpmb_09_end_spa_arr_end_cap_hon-red.jpg  or this  fmf_14_hex_q4_sa_sil_sid_pan.jpg

Whatever way you go performance won't be hurt and it will be same or a little quieter.

Sent you a PM with more info.  :thumbsup:

I thought you said you wanted to keep cost down...  now you be talking about the most expensive way to get a sparky possible...  LOL    :lol: