Scalivini rear stinger on 300RR

Hi has anyone run a carbon stinger with a standard expansion pipe in a 14 300 RR,IM interested in it for the weight saving of 800 gram and it looks cool, anyone have any experience of them?

SCALVINICECS.jpg

..just to see which you are talking  about.. yea .looks nice! .. so about 8 tenths of a pound lighter than stock.. I had to look up what 800 grams was. I never heard of anyone yet with these carbon fiber so this ought to

be a good thread since it's more of an unknown for many beta owners. I haven't even seen any vids or pics of these on any Beta.

SCALVINIFCS.jpg

I see $247   and $175   

I  got my pc slip on for something like $120 or so.

but no snazzy carbon fiber on it..

dk436596.jpg

https://www.denniskirk.com/436596.sku?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&gclid=Cj0KEQiAwrbEBRDqxqzMsrTGmogBEiQAeSE6ZRJVXC8wfEnHc6DzF3I9Tpu1XxSYhVPqLfRn8ZALlFsaAp9w8P8HAQ&ad=45713343157

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

453.59 grams per pound. How did you come up with 8/10ths of a pound?

I looked fast and forgot then ball parked it because I was too lazy to look again.  Here you go.. 

800 grams   =  1.7637 pounds

I think that's around what I saved in weight with my pc slip on.. it was a maybe that weight difference but I like the stock quiet silencer. The big difference is in size..and some weight . There may be a little more power but maybe that's just that it's a little louder. Power difference doesn't seem like alot more. The main reason I got it is because I saw Moto9's weight loss thread and I thought the pc slip on was more bling than anything and it was a little lighter. So I put on a lithium battery and the slip on pc and saved maybe 6 ish pounds?..It just evened out the little more weight added for guards on my bike.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

I'd look for a PC 304 but they don't seem to sell them in UK

Are there other brands that we don't have in usa? .. How much does the carbon fiber scalvini go for in UK?.. how much to buy from USA or other places? .. I've seen these.. but I don't know how these work either..but I see them more than scalvini. I've been looking on vids etc.. just to see what guys use on 300's online.

steve.holcombe_beta-250-rr_EWC-2015-Rnd-

I've been running that carbon shorty for a couple years, I wanted the aluminum can at the time but got the carbon for the same price and it's worked with out issue.

I ran mine with the stock pipe and now the PC, works good with both, the short muffler ready perks up the bottom-middle with no drop on the top.   

• Like 1