On 1/29/2017 at 2:55 PM, That2smoker said:

So I did a test for the top speed of my 06 yz125 and my dads 06 Yz450f. Results are in this vid. 

Check description for exact speeds!!!!!!

I bet your neighbors hate dirt bikes....  especially the woman trying to walk her dog (1:01) when you blow past them wide open throttle. 

Please don't blast thru your neighborhood like that, it really hurts our sport.  

Edited by Spooge
too harsh
  • Like 5

I grew up down there where you are, and now there are very few places to ride.  Mostly because when the "public meetings" are held, 5 dirt bikers show up, along with 300 people that the dirt bikers have pissed off - majority rules ?

Now days, I live where I can pull out of my garage, travel a 1/2 mile down the road, and hit the forest.  When I travel down the neighborhood streets, my bike is barely above idle.  Out on the forest roads, different story, until I see another human, then I either shut down completely or slow down to barely above idle - and make no dust whatsoever.   That's how you earn your neighbors respect and keep riding areas open.  Hit the legal single track trails and let 'er rip.

Best of luck to you, keep riding but don't give the non-riders anything to complain about.  Now go do your homework!  ?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Spooge said:

I grew up down there where you are, and now there are very few places to ride.  Mostly because when the "public meetings" are held, 5 dirt bikers show up, along with 300 people that the dirt bikers have pissed off - majority rules ?

Now days, I live where I can pull out of my garage, travel a 1/2 mile down the road, and hit the forest.  When I travel down the neighborhood streets, my bike is barely above idle.  Out on the forest roads, different story, until I see another human, then I either shut down completely or slow down to barely above idle - and make no dust whatsoever.   That's how you earn your neighbors respect and keep riding areas open.  Hit the legal single track trails and let 'er rip.

Best of luck to you, keep riding but don't give the non-riders anything to complain about.  Now go do your homework!  ?

i dont have a license.

2 minutes ago, That2smoker said:

i dont have a license.

All the more reason not to rip up and down your street.  In Arizona, if you are stopped by the police and you do not have a license/have never had a license, its a mandatory 30 day impound of your vehicle.  The impound fees are at least 25 bucks a day for a dirt bike - or $750.00 for the 30 days + the price of your ticket(s).  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spooge said:

All the more reason not to rip up and down your street.  In Arizona, if you are stopped by the police and you do not have a license/have never had a license, its a mandatory 30 day impound of your vehicle.  The impound fees are at least 25 bucks a day for a dirt bike - or $750.00 for the 30 days + the price of your ticket(s).  

lol he knows

5 minutes ago, Spooge said:

You cant get stopped if they cant catch me.

11 minutes ago, Spooge said:

Um hmm, heard that before.

Thanks for ruining our opportunities to ride our dirt bikes.  Good luck to you, please don't cry when they impound your bike/take you to jail.  

Good night.

How is he ruining "our" opportunities to ride dirt bikes?

Edited by GootyMoto

Here's one of my comments from above:

"I grew up down there where you are, and now there are very few places to ride.  Mostly because when the "public meetings" are held, 5 dirt bikers show up, along with 300 people that the dirt bikers have pissed off - majority rules"  

So when public meetings are held by land management agencies - AZ State Land Dept, U S Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, etc, regarding how our public lands should be used (Like should off highway recreation be allowed) the people who have been upset by the dirt bikers and quadtards in their neighborhoods show up or write letters in opposition.  Since it's a public approval process, you need more friends than enemies, which means don't be rude, and don't piss off people.  It's kinda complicated, but everyone has input as to how our public lands are used, so if there is a lot of opposition, areas get closed or never become places where its legal to ride in the first place.  

Hope that helps.

• Like 3