Crf450/250 exhaust compatibility

I have a 2003 crf450r and when I got the bike it came with a white brothers carbin pro exhaust and was told it came from a 250f. The SS pipe mount between the muffler and header pipe does not line up without making a bracket but everything else fits.. The muffler mount ended up breaking and looking for a new one to put on now but bike specific ones are through the roof in price.

Does anyone know what 250f year might be the one I had so I know what to look for. Or any years compatible. 450/250 to a 2003 450f

I've read the page for compatible 450s saying 02/03 header the same and need full exhaust to run 03/04. 

• Like 1

I am not an exhaust guru.. But I am fairly certain that a 250 exhaust wouldn't work/fit on a 450... It is much more likely that you have a 450 exhaust from a different model year..

On my 05 I have a system from a different year. No idea which year. The muffler mounts and header mounts line up fine but the mid mount doesn't line up with the subframe mount same as yours. Somewhere around 3/4" off or so. I'm not with the bike so that is a rough estimate...

Do you have a pic of the setup and how it lines up etc? Maybe you can find a part number stamped somewhere which would help a lot... If you have dial calipers you can measure pipe diameter and see if it is remotely close to a 250 or closer to/over 450 stock size