03 yz 125 won't shift

I have an 03 yz 125 that won't shift...I looked at diagrams on the shift cam forks to put it all back together and looked at diagrams for the selector shaft fork and everything is put together just like it said but still won't change gears

Did it shift before and you took it apart, and now it won't shift?  We need more information.  

I got the bike in parts and had to put it together myself... take in mind I done the same to a 95 kx 250 and it runs like a brand new bike... I'm new to the whole dirtbike scene so naturally I went only off the downloadable manuals and for some reason I still can't get it to shift even while it's apart... I'm thinking the shifter lever problem y'all talked about in the 05 models is my problem... 

Edited by tyleryz125

That problem was the shift stop. But if you got all the parts, followed the diagrams in the manual, then you should be able to shift it. Was the cases split when you got the bike in boxes? How far torn down was it? 

Edited by Gary YZDOC

It had been split when I got it and only had the gearing the case...the drum and cam forks were laying in the box...along with the shifting parts on the clutch side of the case...I tried moving the two shafts to maybe help the shift drum to move and shift but it took everything I could give it just to shift it once

So, you have it all back together running and it will not shift? Sounds like you have the shift forks wrong, or other interior parts. 

Always check shifting prior to mating cases.

Edited by Gary YZDOC

But I put it all back together just like the Yamaha manuals show for that bike...I don't understand it...I also watched numerous videos on how to put it together

26 minutes ago, tyleryz125 said:

But I put it all back together just like the Yamaha manuals show for that bike...I don't understand it...I also watched numerous videos on how to put it together

Then something is bent or wrong. 

Could be you have shift shaft spring in backwards. There's a short end and a long end. Backwards and it won't shift.