Install/Review of Moose 1/2" offset Onyx Footpegs Almost great with one big issue...

So I finally got around to replacing the horrendous Suzuki footpegs.  Went with some Moose Racing "Onyx" 1/2" back offset pegs.  What should have been a 2-3 minute video turned about 5.5 minutes due to an issue with the right side that required some creative grinding to remedy.  It was a strange thing for me.  I love the feel, I love the toe-room, but having to grind on a brand new $90 part kinda pissed me off.  I spent my own money on these (video not sponsored by Moose in any  way) so I think I gave them a fair shake in the video.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2017 at 9:33 AM, Jetwag03 said:

Great review and excellent installation video. I hope you make more, every time I do a mod and finish I always say to myself I should have recorded it and posted it to ThumperTalk. 

It's a lot of work do document stuff, but I mainly do it to justify writing off any earnings from my YouTube channel to the tax man.  My pattern is:  Buy bike parts --> make videos about said bike parts --> earnings from videos --> buy more bike parts ---> repeat cycle.  :-))  I don't make a lot of money off YouTube or anything, but it does keep a nice steady cash stream coming into buy bike parts with. 

• 11 months later...

I just finished installing these Moose Onyx Offset footpegs on my 2017 DRZ. I was pleased to find out there was virtually no loss of foot room from peg to lever on both sides, the brake side was same distance as stock peg and the shift lever side was only 1/8" shorter. Standing on them was like standing on a dance floor compared to the stock pegs.

The only bummer was needing to grind down the back corner, as Wheelie Pete did, on a brand new part to make it work without hitting the brake lever. I was a bit hesitant at first but a mechanic friend informed me that since the Moose Onyx is made from hardened stainless steel, it would be fine to grind it down (no rust to worry about). I finished the grind job off with a little black rustoleum spray paint and it looks pretty good.

Thanks Wheelie Pete for your excellent video! 

Ride On!