Pirelli Launches 2017 “Pay Dirt” Promotion Featuring the SCORPION MX Tire Family

Pirelli Launches 2017 “Pay Dirt” Promotion Featuring the SCORPION MX Tire Family
by Motor Sports Newswire

Consumers Can Receive a $20 Visa® Prepaid Card When Purchasing at Participating Dealers

ROME, GA - February 2, 2017 - (Motor Sports Newswire) -  Today, Pirelli launched its 2017 “Pay Dirt” promotion that will provide off-road motorcycle enthusiasts the opportunity to receive a $20 Pirelli VISA® Prepaid Card by mail. The special offer will be valid when purchasing a set (front and rear) or any two (2) Pirelli brand motocross or trial (including non-DOT) tires from participating dealers across the nation beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on February 1, 2017 and ending on March 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET.

170202-pirelli-paydirtlogo1.jpg

“Pirelli’s Pay Dirt promotion is our way of giving back to motorcyclists who upgrade their bikes by purchasing a fresh set of tires,” said Chet Plewacki, Pirelli Moto Marketing Director, NAFTA. “The $20 Visa Prepaid Card is the perfect way to put money back in the riders pocket, which can be used to fuel up near your favorite riding spot or on a lunch stop with family and friends.”

Pirelli’s SCORPION™ MX tire lineup has been incredibly successful in nearly all types of terrain across the globe, winning an astonishing 66 MXGP World Championships throughout the years. The MX32™ PRO, which was introduced last year, was specifically designed to target intermediate to hard terrain in North America and is among the tread patterns eligible for the “Pay Dirt” promotion. Pirelli’s “we race what we sell, we sell what we race” motto gives local and amateur riders the chance to perform at the highest level by using the same tires found on the bikes of the sports biggest stars.

Offer valid only for legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia who are individual consumers. Requests by all participants must be submitted or postmarked online by April 30, 2017.

The following Pirelli tread patterns are eligible:

• SCORPION MX Mud
  • SCORPION MX Mid-Soft
  • SCORPION MX32 Mid-Hard
  • SCORPION MX32 PRO
  • SCORPION MX Mid-Hard
  • SCORPION MX Hard
  • SCORPION MX Extra X
  • SCORPION XC Mid-Soft
  • SCORPION XC Mid-Hard
  • MT 16 Garacross
  • MT 43 Pro Trial

*Offer not valid on Mini Bike tires*

For complete terms and conditions, please visit www.pirelli.com/usmotopromo

Nice of them but it should also mention: 'similar promotions never applicable to Canadians'

Pirelli Canada are you listening?

17 minutes ago, mlatour said:

Nice of them but it should also mention: 'similar promotions never applicable to Canadians'

Pirelli Canada are you listening?

Are you sure the issue isn't Pirelli, but Canadian governmental issues/hoops/regulations? Doing business internationally isn't always easy or feasible.

Oh, read it again... You mean specifically Pirelli Canadian ops. Gotcha...

Yes I've heard some manufacturers simply don't bother doing such promotions in Canada simply due the requirements of having it published in both official languages, English and French.

It's a very different market here as well, very small versus the USA so it's not like their loosing a lot of market shares / interest from thousands of customers in favor of other tire brands.

Easy to see by what's on display at the yearly Montreal Motorcycle Show

nice flashy Pirelli booth full of colorful banners and brochures but, only 5-6 actual  tires in total on display, only 1 of which is a dirtbike tire....

It's not like Honda having to truck around all their bike models from show to show,

a small rental van could hold a few dozen tires to such shows for potential customers to compare side by side.

The 2017 Montreal MC show is upcoming in a few weeks, by the published list of exhibitors there is not one single tire manufacturer present,

yet there will no doubt be a few booths dedicated to miracle products like magical car wax that covers up dents/rust or shammy towels that suck up a gallon of water.

Edited by mlatour

I bought a set of pirelli scorpion(front and back) in 2015 or 2016 and that was the first and only time my rear tire literally tore to shreds. I had pieces of the tire missing and could poke the tube with my finger. Terrible tires if you want to run them as long as most consumers do. 

Edited by krider250f
4 minutes ago, krider250f said:

I bought a set of pirelli scorpion (front and back) in 2015 or 2016 and that was the first and only time my rear tire literally tore to shreds. I had pieces of the tire missing and could poke the tube with my finger. Terrible tires if you want to run them as long as most consumers do. 

Which ones did you buy and what type of terrain were you riding? I've had a couple sets of xcmh, MT16 & MT43 all tires have held up very well. MT16 is my current go to tire. 

Edited by SenorThumpy
16 minutes ago, SenorThumpy said:

Which ones did you buy and what type of terrain were you riding? I've had a couple sets of xcmh, MT16 & MT43 all tires have held up very well. MT16 is my current go to tire. 

I cannot find them in my order history. Maybe I ordered them from a different site then usual. I would imagine I got intermediate to hard compound. I ride half rocks and half natural sand track. I should change my statement and say that I just had a very bad experience with them. And actually haven't tried their recent products due to my bad experience. It's been a few years and their tires could be totally different than the product I had 

edit: found it on Motosports. I ordered the scorpion 454 mid hard Mx tires 

Edited by krider250f
Just now, krider250f said:

I cannot find them in my order history. Maybe I ordered them from a different site then usual. I would imagine I got intermediate to hard compound. I ride half rocks and half natural sand track. I should change my statement and say that I just had a very bad experience with them. And actually haven't tried their recent products due to my bad experience. It's been a few years and their tires could be totally different than the product I had 

ok, was just wondering if you bought a soft compound and then thrashed them in the rocks or something 

I've had great luck with pirelli and I'll vouch for them being a good tire!

Funny enough my 2 local shops in BC Canada sell Pirelli's BUT not something I see a many guys using.

With that said I was riding with a buddy on Saturday and we were taking about what rear tires we were going to try this year. He's got a IRC Gekkota tire on order but back ordered and in the mean time picked up a 18" only MT 16 Garacross which we can get in Canada for about $115 CDN and is waiting to mount it. IMO looks like a good durable DOT rated option and I'll be interested to try this in the spring in the PWN on his 16 250XC-W :)

https://fortnine.ca/en/pirelli-mt-16-all-terrain-mx-rear-tire

Then I'm ready to finally replace my rear rim and I'm struggling to decide if I'm going to re-lace with an 18 instead of the stock 19 but whole different topic