Reed cage 2017

This is exactly why I have a Moto Tassanari V Force 4 pre ordered with Slavens Racing and it should ship mid month. Poor quality KTM is not acceptable to me no matter what the dealers say.

I am agree with you, i live in france and i have to find a distriburor for the V force 4

Its not ideal for sure. But its also not clear to me how big a deal the small gaps are. Sure, we want new bikes to be perfect, but there are always machining tolerances. No reed valve is 100% one-way, altho that is the target.

Because the 17 is all new, the aftermarket has been slow to provide a lot of key parts. But the major vendors will have stuff, probably before this spring.

How does the bike run? That is all that is important. Mine runs great. I haven't looked at the reed cage, and won't until there is either a problem, or its time for a top-end job.

Mine were the same.. I took the bike back to KTM because it ran like shit all of a sudden when it hit 12 hours.. 

KTM did replace the whole cage free of charge long after my "warranty" expired. Its still crappy and there is no trust in that department.. Vforce reeds are going on ASAP.

KTMandHusky.com do make better petals you can slap on, but the guy is on glue if he thinks they're worth $75.. might as well wait for vforce.

• Like 1

I think some have been sanding the cage flat.

The cage on my 2010 is billet aluminum :D

Sucks they don't hook up the Boyesen or V-Force stock anymore, looks like it has bit them in the ass. Well people are sill buying the bikes so I guess it didn't bite them in the ass!

Those gaps are significant!! I have a 17 300xc and im a bit disappointed that KTM cut corners on the carb. Shouldn't have to buy a reed cage to fix a known defect on a NEW bike. I've been a KTM fan for a few years but if this crap continues I will be reconsidering what I purchase in the future.....