2001 YZ 426 DECOMPRESSION PLUG

I am trying to install an after market billet plug into the hole left by the decompression lever and the one i ordered from ebay is not fitting properly. this is the one i bought. http://www.ebay.com/itm/281954574779

I pulled out the old oring thinking that was keeping it from seating fully but that didn't work. I measured with some calipers the ID of the hole and it says 0.55 inches and the new plug OD is 0.61 inches. Do I need to grind out the hole or grind down the plug? Anyone encountered this before and if so how did you fix it? Thanks.

You shouldn't have to do anything to modify the hole the plug goes into.  However, the original oil seal for the decomp shaft is pretty tenacious, and a close inspection may show that you have left the steel outer jacket of the seal in the bore. 

Personally, I just use an 18mm cup plug ("core plug", "freeze plug") after the bore is cleared.

So there is a steel outer jacket to the original oil seal? Ok I dont think I ever got that out of the hole. That is probably what is stuck in there. Any ideas how to easily get that out? thanks so much!