2014 crf 250l NEED MORE BALLS! HELP!

On 2/11/2017 at 10:43 PM, jiles_reckless said:

I just got a 2014 crf 250L and its sadly way worse then my wr 250 was.

Stock, the 250L is a woman's bike. Others opinions may vary but in order I would do the following to get your L to grow a pair:

1. Change the sprokets, https://www.thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/1060648-gearingsprocket-selection-or-questions-what-are-you-using-or-intend-to-use-chains-too/ lot's of good info

2. Upgrade the clutch to EBC1414 and heavy duty springs

3. Remove the snorkel from the airbox and screen from your air filter and fine tune your EJK - a few good threads here with recommended settings.

Edited by Kompact
  • Like 2

If you can find a cbr300r engine for a reasonable price rather than the ridiculous money they are advertised for in the USA buy one, swap engines and your lack of power compared to stock will be sorted. Then sell your crf engine and get your money back you paid for the cbr engine. Try doing that with any other parts you replace.

Its a shame our society is littered with dishonest and immoral people. My buddy was riding his yz at a designated ohv park. His bike broke down so he had to leave it unattended for about an hour to source some tools. Upon arrival someone decided to burn his bike. Notbint but charred remnants. Complete loss.

On 2/16/2017 at 8:42 PM, jiles_reckless said:

It was stolen..

Lot to be said for the custom of removing hands from people who steal. Do it on the six o'clock news - put a real dent in the rate I would bet.

• 2 weeks later...

The WRR is more powerful and better built than the CRF250L.

The catch?

CRF250L $4,599

WR250R $6,690

They are direct competitors but price must be just as important in the comparison as power and suspension.

You can make a CRF250L as fast as a stock WR250r but without doing a big bore kit you're not making more than that. The CRF250L is more than 2/3rds as good as the WR250r but @ 2/3rds the price makes it IMO the better buy.

Stock, the 250L is a woman's bike. Others opinions may vary but in order I would do the following to get your L to grow a pair:
1. Change the sprokets, https://www.thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/1060648-gearingsprocket-selection-or-questions-what-are-you-using-or-intend-to-use-chains-too/ lot's of good info
2. Upgrade the clutch to EBC1414 and heavy duty springs
3. Remove the snorkel from the airbox and screen from your air filter and fine tune your EJK - a few good threads here with recommended settings.

This, I just did EJK and inbox mods was a step in right direction, you have to pay more for mods on this than if you just bought a WR .

That said it's fun to customize the bike. I think 2400 extra cash puts this bike in WR class.
Suspension, power mods, gearing, ergonomics

13 hours ago, CheapoWes said:

You can make a CRF250L as fast as a stock WR250r but without doing a big bore kit you're not making more than that. The CRF250L is more than 2/3rds as good as the WR250r but @ 2/3rds the price makes it IMO the better buy.

I will know more in the coming days of how these two bikes compare ... I have a fully modded CRF with the 305 and I have a stock 2017 WR250R. Right now I do know that my CRF has way more torque, stronger clutch and better suspension. 

1475022252714.jpg

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 2