2007 WR450F light switch??

Just picked up a used 2007 WR450F.  It doesn't have a light switch, the lights are just always on.  Is this normal? I'd like to have them off unless I need them.

I plan on it. I'd just like to know if there is an OEM solution so I'm keeping it clean and not splicing into wires, if possible.

Its normal as the headlight runs directly off the stator on AC current

Adding a switch can place extra stress on the stator as the stator is still producing the power but with nowhere for it to go it has the dump it as heat

The Tusk headlight switch works quite well. It is part of the Tusk Enduro Lighting Kit that I have on my 09 WR450F to make it street legal in Ontario, Canada. lt is not fully waterproof, but I haven't had any problems yet.  

$29.99 Tusk headlight switch link:  TUSK COMPACT CONTROL SWITCH WITH HEADLIGHT OPTIONS

Here is a video showing whats involved in installing a Tusk headlight switch on a Yamaha WR450F. (Keep in mind that this switch is just for the headlight and the tail light will always remain on) 

As shown in the video, the switch doesn't include any connectors, and you have two choices: 1) Use quick connect splicers, or 2)  install female connectors to use with the existing male connectors on the wires running to the switch.  

Edited by msowsun