rm125 engine leaking transmission fluid

ok so let me start by saying that i am no expert when it comes to this sort of thing so if i get anything wrong in this thread i am sorry...

so i got my first dirt bike which as you can see by the title it was a 1995 2 stroke suzuki rm 125. after riding it for about 15 hours throughout numerous days i noticed milky grey transmission fluid leaking somewhere from the top end. now after getting it home i opened up what is assume is the power valve case cover??? (see picture provided) when i opened this cover i had the same milky grey fluid all over the place inside this cover. now my questions are does transmission fluid belong inside this and if not how did it get there and secondly why is my fluid that milky grey colour?

DSCN1481.jpg

mini-IMG_0128.jpg

That milky grey look is an indication of coolant mixing with the oil.

Trans oil can get up into the power valve covers. The breather for the transmission is under the top power valve cover (small hose on left side of cylinder) and connected to the side cover, and trans. with small holes. 

Most likely your waterpump seals are shot and leaking engine coolant into transmission. Pretty easy fix. 

Most likely your waterpump seals are shot and leaking engine coolant into transmission. Pretty easy fix. 

so my best bet is pretty much to get a new water pump seal & also change the tranny fluid obviously. you wouldn't happen to know anywhere i can get a seal would you?

With engine bearings and seals I always go OEM. Aftermarket may be cheaper, but why take the chance...

Babbitt's and Motorsport.com are a couple of places I buy my OEM parts from. 

You should probably go ahead and pull the side cover before ordering just the seal. The seals can wear into the impeller shaft, and the leaking coolant does a good job of washing the oil out of the impeller bearings and can wipe them out too.

Best to try order everything you need in one order, so you don't have to pay shipping multiple times. 

Edited by Jeremyf1