2017 450EXCF 6 days stuff

Anyone finding options for rear tail light kits. I know SICASS is coming out with one but not sure I wanna wait, I lost both taillights on a ride last weekend. I even trimmed down some of the plastic but was hitting the plate holder all day.

I have fmf slip on and adjusted TPS to .64 which seems better than .61 which was still popping a bit.

I haven't de smogged yet with my Blais kit. Was wondering if I have to adjust TPS again after  de smog?

order the whole XCW tail section for a 2017 xcw or theres a guy on ebay that makes the xcw tail sec with signals installed. guys on ADV rider put up link.  u can get remaped to EU map now so i'd look into that for decel. folks over on ADV rider say 4.1 with a re-map on 17's makes a world if difference.

de-smog, add maps, get XCW tail, ride into sunset

Thank you Brute!

A little clarification, I think is to order the European version of the tail section, there is no 2017 xcw   I believe there are sub frame changes that will not work from pre 17 xcw models.

the European 2017 excs have better looking tail sections

This is the one I bought off ebay.  It looks and fits great and is plug and play. Still need to add the ktm license plate holder which is another $15. Link is to old listing and I couldn't find a new listing so maybe the seller is temporarily out of them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KTM-2017-500-450-350-250-EXC-Six-Days-LED-Taillight-with-Integrated-Turn-signals-/192104089376?vxp=mtr&nma=true&si=fRaisjBfxAwTNSLM85Tkk48YSbg%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

PPSS on clarify: ive seen guys put 300 XCW 2017 tail sections on the EXC bikes as well as put TE 300 2017 tails on FE350/450 and 501 huskys

All relating 2017 to 2017 no cross between 12-16 and 17+ as said  by spud

Edited by brute448

Where are people finding the 2017 Husqvarna TE 300 tail section for sale?

munn racing parts finch or my buddy ordered thru local moto shop

munn racing parts finch or my buddy ordered thru local moto shop

Thanks.

I looked at the Munns Racing parts finche.

It has EU taillight and the U.S. TE plastic subframe taillight setup.

Does anyone know if you can just add the EU light and not the rest of the plastic subframe?

Some states require a white license plate light for yearly inspection

Edited by Spud786

I used the kit Paul sells on ebay on mine (listed above), this is the 2nd light kit of his I've used and really like them.

128.JPG

Edited by Link712

That looks good Link712, I have one on the way!

6 hours ago, Link712 said:

I used the kit Paul sells on ebay on mine (listed above), this is the 2nd light kit of his I've used and really like them.

128.JPG

I see you changed the gearing, what did you go with , 48 rear? any feedback? Also what brand are those tires, look good!

thanks, ken

A little clarification, I think is to order the European version of the tail section, there is no 2017 xcw   I believe there are sub frame changes that will not work from pre 17 xcw models.

the European 2017 excs have better looking tail sections

You can just order the 300 XC-W parts.
12 hours ago, kena said:

I see you changed the gearing, what did you go with , 48 rear? any feedback? Also what brand are those tires, look good!

thanks, ken

I went with 13/50 as I ride mostly woods, with the occasional rip around town. I haven't ridden the bike yet, but that's what I had on my 501, and I really liked it. The tires are called a P35, they come mounted on pro wheels when you get the complete set. Pretty sweet deal really, they have rotors, sprockets and everything needed to just throw them on the bike. I'll let you know how they perform when I get a chance to ride a little.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, KennyMc said:

You can just order the 300 XC-W parts.

I forgot about the 2 stoke models, I know texas requires a white license plate light (so not legal), not sure what other states require.

24 minutes ago, Spud786 said:

I forgot about the 2 stoke models, I know texas requires a white license plate light (so not legal), not sure what other states require.

So does CA.  There is a whole list of things that aren't legal on my bike, that is one of them.  I think the rear blinkers need to be 19" apart or something like that.  Mine, not so much.  DOT tires, uh, no.  Aftermarket lip on exhaust, believe that is a no-no.  EU map, oh shit, here come the eco Nazis :lol: 

Texas doesn't require turn signals, exhausts are not critical either, but the white light has to be there.

IMG_1487513930.272853.jpg

SicAss rear fender with led bar turn signals