2017 300xc reed cage- what is up KTM???

I apologize if I've offended anyone by this post. As I mentioned the last 3 new ktms I've purchased have been flawless. I haven't had any issues. I'm not bashing ktm. I like ktm hence my decision to purchase another. I don't buy ktm for kickstands or estarters, however, I haven't had a problem with my past estarters and I take off the kickstands immediately so I can't comment on how well they hold up. I became accustomed to the quality I've had in past ktm models and I guess I expected the same on the 17. A bad reed cage off the floor isn't something i would expect based on my past experiences. Guess I was lucky with other models as I didn't have any negatives. So I'm not trying to bash ktm in any way. I'm just bitching. Problem has been fixed. I tested the bike yesterday and it was perfect! 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, trailmeisterjoe said:

OH......Now i get it. Duh?.........You are just fine with previous known issues that KTM has sent out the door year after year that people had to fix or re work ( you know, the starters on all 2008-2016 2 strokes, the infamous 4cs forks, weak and poorly designed kickstand bolts, high float levels, etc) and you are putting your FOOT down on this reed issue. " .....if they don't get there shit together this will be my last!! Might be on a blue bike in the futurebike!! " (your quote). ALL brands have a few issues and we know that.

Joe

Those issues don't really even compare to the 17 model issues... You don't see an increasing trend here?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KennyMc said:

Here's what KTM is putting in the intake boots of the 500/501's this year. They have gaps as well ?

I assume KTM is doing in that in lieu of a backfire screen?  Gaps in that reed block aren't going to hurt performance like the gaps in your 300.  Hey, maybe they're interchangeable!

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 1

I assume KTM is doing in that in lieu of a backfire screen?  Gaps in that reed block aren't going to hurt performance like the gaps in your 300.  Hey, maybe they're interchangeable!

Could be, the part numbers for the filter are different, the 500 having an A on the end of it.

Original assumption was for more BS noise emissions reduction as they also put a rubber collar/washer on the counter sprocket and fitted the bikes with pretty much street tire.

And, I believe they would be a direct fit into the 300. What's your address, I'll have my friend drop them in the mail yo you. Need 2 sets? His brother bought a 501 [emoji3]

• Like 1