I'm very new to this forum. 

I recently bought a 1987 XR250R. The bike is absolutely beautiful- maybe 25hrs total on machine (likely less...). It is not perfect however, there is a blem in the top of the seat. The blem is a small "L" shaped cut that is less that size of a quarter. I have been looking for a new seat cover. I would like an OEM Honda cover that is exactly like original (blue with XR250R stamped in white on sides as it came from factory). 

Probably no surprise to many, I'm having an impossible time finding one. I can find many that will work that are aftermarket (ie. Moose Racing, etc...), but can't find a new OEM one anywhere. I do realize the bike is a 1987 and that OEM for this machine is going to be harder to find given that it's now 2017. I have looked at used seats but the ones I have found are not nice enough to put on the bike. 

Does anyone have any ideas? Suggestions? 

Note: The blem is likely from the corner of something sharp (ie. piece of metal- maybe small toolbox corner that was sat on top of seat or something of that nature). The seams are all approximated. Seat foam underneath is perfect. Previous owner has put a bit of glue down underneath to hold seams together in an attempt to prevent further tearing / damage. However, since the bike was only one of many in his collection, he did not feel urgent need to fix it. I'd like to get it rectified before riding season resumes here in the North Country of Northern NY. 

Here's a pic of my bike. If you see how nice it is, you'll likely understand why I'd want to get seat back to 100%. 

Thanks in advance for any help / suggestions. 

IMG_6031.jpg

Edited by XR Fan
Missed identifier "OEM"

You could try to find the same colour vinyl from a fabric store, use the old seat cover as a template to cut-out the material. I think there's a way to iron on or paint the lettering onto the new vinyl.

• Like 1

Id leave it. Beautiful bike; would be a shame to even ride it in the dirt!

Did you try "motorsport.com" or RMATV, they have a lot of OEM stuff.

Beauty bike

• Like 1

I'm very new to this forum. 
I recently bought a 1987 XR250R. The bike is absolutely beautiful- maybe 25hrs total on machine (likely less...). It is not perfect however, there is a blem in the top of the seat. The blem is a small "L" shaped cut that is less that size of a quarter. I have been looking for a new seat cover. I would like an OEM Honda cover that is exactly like original (blue with XR250R stamped in white on sides as it came from factory). 
Probably no surprise to many, I'm having an impossible time finding one. I can find many that will work that are aftermarket (ie. Moose Racing, etc...), but can't find a new OEM one anywhere. I do realize the bike is a 1987 and that OEM for this machine is going to be harder to find given that it's now 2017. I have looked at used seats but the ones I have found are not nice enough to put on the bike. 
Does anyone have any ideas? Suggestions? 
Note: The blem is likely from the corner of something sharp (ie. piece of metal- maybe small toolbox corner that was sat on top of seat or something of that nature). The seams are all approximated. Seat foam underneath is perfect. Previous owner has put a bit of glue down underneath to hold seams together in an attempt to prevent further tearing / damage. However, since the bike was only one of many in his collection, he did not feel urgent need to fix it. I'd like to get it rectified before riding season resumes here in the North Country of Northern NY. 
Here's a pic of my bike. If you see how nice it is, you'll likely understand why I'd want to get seat back to 100%. 
Thanks in advance for any help / suggestions. 
IMG_6031.jpg

This one is probably as close to OEM as you are ever going to get: http://www.ebay.com/itm/172512946928

Otherwise just buy some vinyl in the colour you want, put it in a clothes dryer to get it nice and stretchy then just stretch that over the seat and staple.
  • Like 1