Questions on a yz426

Hey ThumperTalk. I'm new to the forum and I have some questions about a 2001 yz426 I found for sale. The guy wants $1500 but said he would work with me on the price a little. I know that's a pretty good deal. What I'm wondering is how long the motor will last me. All I'll be doing is trail riding and riding around on a farm. I have an rm125 which I love. I was looking around for an 06+ yz250, but I found this deal and I've always heard good things about the 426's. He said he recently did the valves and it has been a good reliable bike for him. So would this be a good bike for me? I just don't wanna get a 4 stroke and have to dump a ton of money into it. My 2 stroke has been bullet proof. 

Any help would be appreciated 

How long it lasts depends on how far it's already gone, and under what conditions of use and maintenance.  He "did the valves"?  Did what to them?  The '01 has titanium valves, but they can be replaced much more inexpensively by using the steel valves AND the correct springs from a 2000 model.  They are a very stout engine and will run for hundreds of hours if maintained well and used sensibly, but they're much more expensive to overhaul.