PW 50 Injector oil advice

Hi all, I just bought my little girls an 07 PW50 and wanted to get some feedback on injector oils.  They said they ran yamalube in it, but the oil in the tank is basically clear.  So here's my questions: Is yamalube clear? And what's the best way to drain the oil tank so I can run something else? And is something like Super M (injector spec) good?  Thanks in advance!

You can inter-mingle oils designed for auto lube, assuming of course the guy you bought it from actually used auto lube oil and not just what ever he had around.

To drain the tank, access the oil pump, disconnect the large tube (feed line) and drain the line/tank. Reconnect and fill tank.

On the pump is a small JIS screw which covers the bleed port. Remove the screw, after a bit, oil and bubbles will come out, you can speed it up by holding the throttle wide open, and rotating the plastic 'gear'. This makes the pump at max rate. Continue to rotate the 'gear' until no more bubbles are seen. Then replace the screw. You'll of bled out at most an ounce of oil/air.

You also may want to locate a service manual as it covers this procedure in greater detail.

I am always skeptical of the oil that may have found it's way into an injector equipped bike when I either don't know the owner or I buy it as a blown up bike.   I am more apt to just use a suction tool (ok,  a lot of time it is a turkey baster) to suck out the bulk and replace with something I know.   

Thanks to you both for the help. As it happens, none of my local shops stock any injector oils other than snowmobile stuff.  I'm going to order some motorex, or super m.  My thoughts are the snowmobile oils would have cold weather additives and such that wouldn't be necessary anyway. 

You mention the oil was basically clear,

perhaps it was Amsoil Interceptor which unlike most other premixes doesn't have much tint to it.

(comes out of the bottle golden brown like engine oil, pretty much can't tell when it's premixed in a jerrycan)

If omiting the tint can help in making it burn cleaner, I'm all for it.

Edited by mlatour

Yes, it is in fact very clear... and it runs with whatever the oil is because they started it, ran it for several minutes, and idled it with me standing there before I bought it.  And I don't have any reason to think they lied about it being yamalube.  Just feel way better using what I know... and frankly I'm okay with that blue/green color... And a big sharpie marker that writes on top of gas cans so the wife doesn't put the premix in her DR!