Aftermarket Suspension

Hey guys, 

I understand that I'm going to sound like a complete rookie on this one. How do you tell if you have an aftermarket kit done to the front forks? I just recently pickup up an 05 yz450f and on one of the forks it has a (1) fast lap racing suspension sticker on 1 of the forks. The guy appeared to go alittle sticker happy with this thing before I got it. Runs good and the front end feels great but I've never had anything aftermarket suspension done to any of my other bikes. Any tell tale signs aside from the feel? Thanks.

If the previous owner said it was done, had receipts, and stickers on the fork matched the receipts, then it was probably done.

If all you have to go on is a sticker, not sure.  Does the sticker have areas where they wrote on the fork spring rate, and compression and rebound settings?  Many tuners use those.  Or is it just a generic sticker?

Unfortunately the only way to be super sure is to have a really knowledgeable tuner open them up.

Also, try contacting the suspension company and tell them what is going on.  Factory Connection will revalve for free, even for the next owner.  (They charge a normal service fee, but the revalve fee is waived).  Maybe "fast lap racing" might do something similar.   Or they might have records of the work in the previous owners name.  Just guessing here. :)

Thanks for the info. There aren't any numbers listed or anything other than the sticker. I've honestly never heard of the company prior to the sticker. I'll give them a call to see if anything is on their file. I appreciate the reply.