Any Known Issues 2011 Cobra 50 sr

I am looking to buy a new bike for my son and we looked at a 2011 Cobra. a few concerns that I saw were a bent footpeg an the right side and also a slight oil leak on the right side of the crank case that looked to be coming from the fill hole for the oil (Not dripping but still you could see it). I know about big bikes but have never been in the MINI market, and certainly don't know ANYTHING about Cobra bikes. It was night when I went and looked and the lighting in the gentleman's garage wasn't the best so I definitely will have to go back in the daylight to see it again. I could not tell if the footpeg or the mount was bent, I assume if it is just the peg then no big deal but if its the mount then I'm not so sure about that. Are there any other known issues I need to look for ar pay more attention to? I did hear it run and it fired right up cold (second Kick) and ran smooth no abnormal vibrations. Didn't have my son ride it due to being dark but certainly would befor purchasing. 

I just bought a 2012.  Overall it is in good condition.  Unless they can show receipts for new clutch and basket being installed I would take that into consideration.  With tax you will have close to $300 in clutch shoes and arbor if the arbor is needed.  I also had to put new brake pads on rear.   With the new clutch, arbor, brake pads and tools it added up fast but the bike is running great now. 

If its just the footpeg then that can be replaced but again those aren't cheap for these bikes.  The oil leak is hopefully just an o-ring. 

I haven't heard of any other issues that stand out other than keep eye on the water pump and seals around the kickstarter. 

Local dealer also told me to take stator cover off after every moto and spray with brake cleaner and let dissolve and stator cool before putting cover back on.  Have had others tell me the same thing.

Other than that I am brand new to these little speed demons. 

Good luck!

Thanks duck, I appreciate the response, interesting about the stator I haven't heard that, but the guy selling the bike said that the dealer he bought it from told him to run a fan on the stator side of the bike between motos. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe we need to look at other bikes until we are certain that racing is where we are headed. Right now My son will jump on his bike (PW50) and ride for an hour non-stop, It'd be tough to make him stop every 20-30 min for bike maintenance plus I'm not sure I want to have to keep that hour and minute log so meticulously.

Yes if your not going to be racing, from what I see these bikes have a lot of maintenance needed.   If we weren't going to be racing I would definitely be looking at other options.  

The PW's spoil a person.  Very little maintenance and they just run when you want them to.

The oil leak is usually the kickstarter shaft.  The bushing wears out and they leak.  I think Pax Racing sells a fix or just double up on o-rings

The frames are butter so either have a welder or know someone who welds.  Front motor mounts and up where subframe mounts are common.  Usually due to the swingarm bushings wearing out.

Search Cobratalk for more info.  Great little bikes but you need to understand them or you will hate them.............