XL500 Muffler

Working on this old 79 XL500.  I got a rusty header pipe that I've stripped down and getting it ready to paint.  Can anyone point me to fairly cost effective rear section?  It doesn't have to be stock.  I see I can pick up aftermarket spark arresters - but how do I get the mid pipe for connecting the spark arrester to the header?  Would a muffler shop have 1.25" pipe on hand?  Thanks for any input.

You can buy sections of 1.25" (32mm) pipe pre-bent at various angles. Need to join them together and fit some kind of universal muffler.

This sort of thing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Motorcycle-Scooter-Dirt-Bike-32mm-Slip-On-RED-Exhaust-Muffler-Pipe-/112114111989?hash=item1a1a8595f5:g:ju8AAOSwFV9XxSoW&vxp=mtr

If you are handy with a welding torch it can be done.

If not a friendly exhaust place should be able to bend the pipe if you give them a drawing or sketch of what you want. 

• 1 month later...

here in nz we can buy  reproduction exhaust systems complete for around 550 nzd to fit most old trail bikes on a made to order basis-google musket mufflers if your interested and IF they wont ship overseas you can pm me for help

• 2 weeks later...