Zap advice requested (video)

After reading all the stuff happening to you guys my most recent injury is nothing. A week ago I ate it on the newer trials  bike and got a nice deep cut by my elbow. My wife said I need to try harder next time, this cut didn't quite go to the bone. Oh well, practice practice...

On a better note, I finally conquered the four pallete stack. Did it three times in a row, so it wasn't luck or a fluke. Now on to five pallets. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rrefugee said:

After reading all the stuff happening to you guys my most recent injury is nothing. A week ago I ate it on the newer trials  bike and got a nice deep cut by my elbow. My wife said I need to try harder next time, this cut didn't quite go to the bone. Oh well, practice practice...

On a better note, I finally conquered the four pallete stack. Did it three times in a row, so it wasn't luck or a fluke. Now on to five pallets. 

Nice!!

Five will be easy for you too, don't think for a second it's any harder because it aint!

Gotta love the feeling of overcoming new obstacles. I think the biggest mental challenge for me so far has been the splatter. I can't wait to practice this more - the trials bike is down for a while but I do plan on practicing this on the new bike. The second biggest mental challenge was the concrete road blocks at CAW. Not all that high (slightly higher than the front wheel I think) - But there's nothing on the other side, with a 3-inch iron loop and 3-inch concrete ridge sticking out the top which you can't help but picture you breaking something on you or the bike on haha. Surprisingly the last time I did this it wasn't as big a deal to me, I wasn't thinking about screwing it up I was just thinking about what motions I needed to get over it and nothing else.

8 minutes ago, LSHD said:

Man, so close!!! You have come such a long way. Hurting your knee that day at CAW turned you into a trials rider!

I had to get some kind of riding in. 2 months before I could ride a trials bike, and at least another month before the dirt bike. Any crashes for 4 months after the injury hurt like hell!! Love trials though, or at least the tricks - I'd get my ass kicked in a real trial and embarrass myself. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jacob429 said:

I had to get some kind of riding in. 2 months before I could ride a trials bike, and at least another month before the dirt bike. Any crashes for 4 months after the injury hurt like hell!! Love trials though, or at least the tricks - I'd get my ass kicked in a real trial and embarrass myself. 

That is how every trials rider I have ever known, including myself, started out; getting your ass kicked in your first few events.  You just have to try and learn something from each competition and carry that knowledge forward.  The results will come as long as you don't let yourself get discouraged.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GlennRay said:

That is how every trials rider I have ever known, including myself, started out; getting your ass kicked in your first few events.  You just have to try and learn something from each competition and carry that knowledge forward.  The results will come as long as you don't let yourself get discouraged.

No doubt. If I lived closer to any kind of events I'd be all over it. One day.. hopefully will move in a couple years.

I had ridden dirt bikes for 13 years, raced MX for four years and yet the first time I rode a trials competition it was like I had never been on a bike before!  I knew how all of the controls worked but I didn't know how to use them properly.  As far as weight placement goes it was a joke.  I kept going out thou, to show the rest of the club that I really did know how to ride a bike if nothing else.  It got better over time and I started finishing in the trophies.

• Like 1

One more thing, I had a guru (trials rider) who was better than I and was willing to go out and practice with me between events.  You can learn a lot trying things on your own, but you will do much better if you can ride with someone who is a class or two higher than you are riding and is willing to help you learn.

• Like 3

On 9/9/2017 at 8:11 PM, GlennRay said:

One more thing, I had a guru (trials rider) who was better than I and was willing to go out and practice with me between events.  You can learn a lot trying things on your own, but you will do much better if you can ride with someone who is a class or two higher than you are riding and is willing to help you learn.

It would be great to have someone better than me to ride with. For the most part, I am learning to ride trials from watching videos and trial & error.