silver_fox

Plastic - Polisport vs OEM

On 2/27/2017 at 4:40 PM, Gary YZDOC said:

Are there any for the 2012 520RS/RR? I have been looking and complete kit no-go, and F/R fenders stop at 13. Are they the same? Going to dress up the girl and market her. 

https://www.dcvmx.com/xcart/search.php?mode=search&page=1&keep_https=yes

• Like 1

On 2/27/2017 at 4:40 PM, Gary YZDOC said:

Are there any for the 2012 520RS/RR? I have been looking and complete kit no-go, and F/R fenders stop at 13. Are they the same? Going to dress up the girl and market her. 

I don't know man.. I'd keep that bike.. that's the best looking bike ever and it's the big bore..and it's a carb. I wish my 350 was a 520..the 350 is good and all but I'd rather have the 520.. As far as plastic..stock is the best bet to me..but I didn't try the DCplastic If you keep it make it look like this.. I keep looking at this over and over and now my 350 looks like this...well close. I think this is the best looking Beta design..I keep repeating myself putting this vid up over and over again.. but it is nice. I think for polisport..there's no chance to get plastic made for these old years.. I'd guess the xtrainers might get polisport plastic..maybe..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

On 3/2/2017 at 7:28 AM, silver_fox said:

Sorry, bad reading skills. No black available yet but I bet Polisport  will introduce it soon, it would be more popular than the yellow they offer.

I could kick myself in the butt.. I have a used set of black plastics for my 09 Beta 525 that I bought off a fellow TT'r. I wish I bought a brand new set as those aren't sold anymore.. Now the 2005-2009 only come in full sets in white.. there are a few orphan kits or the red/orange from 2008 and earlier but hard to find.. The one set of black plastic..like all the plastics for the 2009 and earlier Beta..All are excellent and don't break..now to get any graphics to stick to them is another story.. The earlier plastic worked well alone..and it was a battle to try to keep graphics on.. so much so that I gave up and just put a couple of Beta sticker tabs up high on the radiator shrouds and no graphics for the whole bike.

I'm wondering if these were polisport that were stock ;on Beta earlier? I have white, red and black plastics set now for my 525.. next I'm putting the red shrouds with the black fenders.. I think..and maybe going back to the stock small tank..I'm not riding that far and 4 strokes have good fuel mileage...

..my bike brand new..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

On 3/1/2017 at 7:03 AM, Marylander said:

Someone, I believe here on thumpertalk, put the 300RR plastic on a XTrainer and said only the only issue is radiator shrouds have an extra mounting tab. He had pics in his post. I did a weak search and didn't turn the post up...

http://www.betarider.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1766&p=18842#p18842

• Like 1

On 3/1/2017 at 0:03 PM, Marylander said:

Someone, I believe here on thumpertalk, put the 300RR plastic on a XTrainer and said only the only issue is radiator shrouds have an extra mounting tab. He had pics in his post. I did a weak search and didn't turn the post up...

I've been messing a bunch with the bike and can now confirm that the three rear pieces of plastic fit the xtrainer just fine. I'll get the front pieces done over the weekend (have other stuff to do first).b3tTpgVT5t9wVw1VTLzSJt40XG0TS2V7dFMs9WDV

rIJlRA-bwqyZa7L1kLs3E1jDuoSnBGK0meHoanFP

On 3/5/2017 at 1:24 PM, hawaiidirtrider said:

just get new stock plastics..I did . I think they are cheaper..and you can go with white or red..but red looks nicer to me..

Not a good option if you ride in cold weather. Both my fenders shattered like glass when I was out riding in 10 degree weather. They broke from just hitting jumps. I've seen other posts where they'll break even in 40 degree weather which isn't very cold at all. 

I replaced my GasGas plastics with Polisport and they didn't break even in zero degree weather. Hopefully their Beta stuff is as good as their GasGas stuff is. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ud_Luz said:

Not a good option if you ride in cold weather. Both my fenders shattered like glass when I was out riding in 10 degree weather. They broke from just hitting jumps. I've seen other posts where they'll break even in 40 degree weather which isn't very cold at all. 

I replaced my GasGas plastics with Polisport and they didn't break even in zero degree weather. Hopefully their Beta stuff is as good as their GasGas stuff is. 

It is...knock on wood, I have yet to break one of the polisort plastics...the stock plastic was extremely weak. I broke my original rear fender on a failed hillclimb, it's stock replacement didn't even make it a whole ride. The fender didn't even touch the ground, but something thrown up from the tire shattered it...on a 60*F day. At the time, I just attributed it to me not running the inner fender...this is a non-issue with the Polisport.

• Like 1

Another update directly from Polisport on the new xtrainer plastic kit:

First shipments will be shipped by the end of July, so between 4 and 6 weeks, it will available in USA.

• Like 2