silver_fox

Plastic - Polisport vs OEM

After trying the Polisport, I'll never ever buy Beta plastic again.

2 minutes ago, Krannie McKranface said:

How so? The factory plastic on my '15 (and the replacement plastic I bought mid '16) is marked Beta and doesn't have a Polisport logo to be found. Unless they changed something on the plastic recently, they are completely different,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sierra_rider said:

After trying the Polisport , I'll never ever buy Beta plastic again.

How so? The factory plastic on my '15 (and the replacement plastic I bought mid '16) is marked Beta and doesn't have a Polisport logo to be found. Unless they changed something on the plastic recently, they are completely different,

Beta plastics are made in the Polisport factory in Portugal

FWIW I endo'd my bike and only have a few small white creases front and rear to show for it. In TX our temperatures seem to not be the same problem with shattered plastic others experience in colder climates.

IF Polisport makes Beta plastic, they seem to use a different plastic formula for the aftermarket and OEM components?

Does anyone know where to get a FULL red kit, with number plate and radiator louvers?

Edited by Johnny Depp
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, kenrenslow said:

The more flexible stuff is from northern Portugal.... good stuff.:banana: A yellow Beta would certainly draw attention.  You could put Suzuki stickers on it and say they came out with a new 2 stroke.  Just put some duct tape over the engine markings.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2017 at 9:03 PM, Johnny Depp said:

FWIW I endo'd my bike and only have a few small white creases front and rear to show for it. In TX our temperatures seem to not be the same problem with shattered plastic others experience in colder climates.

IF Polisport makes Beta plastic, they seem to use a different plastic formula for the aftermarket and OEM components?

Does anyone know where to get a FULL red kit, with number plate and radiator louvers?

Plastic kits here doesn't come with rad. guards  but they sell them.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1046/24181/Polisport-Complete-Replica-Plastic-Kit?v=12663

Where in Texas are you? I'm in the McKinney area and ride almost every weekend. Love my 300RR   

• Like 2

I haven't seen any for Xtrainers.  I don't know what is interchangeable, but yellow and white wouldn't be too bad?  A Betuki?

I thought for sure I was gonna break my rear fender during yesterday's race when a kid ran into me on a hill and my bike got wedged between a couple trees, it was bent back at 90 degrees. The oem plastic would snapped for sure, have seen it 3xs. Also the front fender took some solid abuse when a pro was passing me in a 100 yard sand whoop section and lost it sending me on a huck a buck. This polisport is so much more robust, it is a joke. Done with oem for good.

• Like 2