Sign in to follow this  

Bike only runs on choke...Please help!

I have a 2008 Honda CRF450R that has been sitting for about a year. I got it out the other day to get it ready for spring. I drained the fueltank, carb and replaced the airfilter. Yes I know I should have done that before I put it away! Anyhow, the bike starts on choke like normal but once it's warmed up and I take the choke off, it dies....instantly. I tried to cheat and only took the jets out with the carb still on the bike cleaned them and reinstalled. Bike still acts the same. Right now I have the carb off and I'm going to clean it but can anyone tell me what this problem could be. I feel like its the pilot jet but I know it's clean. Any advice or things to look for? Thanks!

13 hours ago, cjury said:

I have a 2008 Honda CRF450R that has been sitting for about a year. I got it out the other day to get it ready for spring. I drained the fueltank, carb and replaced the airfilter. Yes I know I should have done that before I put it away! Anyhow, the bike starts on choke like normal but once it's warmed up and I take the choke off, it dies....instantly. I tried to cheat and only took the jets out with the carb still on the bike cleaned them and reinstalled. Bike still acts the same. Right now I have the carb off and I'm going to clean it but can anyone tell me what this problem could be. I feel like its the pilot jet but I know it's clean. Any advice or things to look for? Thanks!

Either buy a new jet or run some fishing line through it. (I call it jet flossing, just like real flossing, it is only done 1-2 times a year lol 👍). Hold it up to the light, if you cant see a hole or the fishing line won't go through, then run some compressed air through it and floss it until you can see the opening.