Trail conditions 2017??

With the warm weather, thinking a ride this coming weekend.  Anyone been on the trails yet?   WOndering if there is still a lot of ice/snow in shaded areas, Rose City, Luzerne, St Helen, Gladwin, Oscoda

Anyone been in these areas yet?

I went out to Cedar Creek Sunday 3/5/17. When I was driving to the trailhead the closer I got the more the snow piled up. I thought well this could be a scenic drive instead of a riding trip. Pull into the drive, the gate was still locked and shut. I decided to pull down to the first place trail crosses over 2 track and park. 3 other vehicles were already park and you could hear them out on the trail. We unloaded and started on the trail. I was worried about Ice and snow covering trail since we had seen a bunch on the drive up. To my surprise the trails seemed in Great shape. It has some snow and Ice covering the trail in the dense wooded area and pines, but other than that is was a nice ride. We road the north section.

Hopefully I can get out and try Holton or horseshoe depending on weather this weekend.

On 3/6/2017 at 7:21 AM, Pacman75 said:

I went out to Cedar Creek Sunday 3/5/17. When I was driving to the trailhead the closer I got the more the snow piled up. I thought well this could be a scenic drive instead of a riding trip. Pull into the drive, the gate was still locked and shut. I decided to pull down to the first place trail crosses over 2 track and park. 3 other vehicles were already park and you could hear them out on the trail. We unloaded and started on the trail. I was worried about Ice and snow covering trail since we had seen a bunch on the drive up. To my surprise the trails seemed in Great shape. It has some snow and Ice covering the trail in the dense wooded area and pines, but other than that is was a nice ride. We road the north section.

Hopefully I can get out and try Holton or horseshoe depending on weather this weekend.

How far is your drive to get their?

• 2 weeks later...

I rode cedar creek a couple of weeks ago. A little snow has come and gone since then but i can imagine it hasn't changed much. It was very muddy and some of the bigger mud holes were iced over a bit. Looks like most people were going around them so there was a clear cut "detour" around most. We have had nice days lately but it still gets really cold at night so I am sure there is still a little ice but I would be very surprised if you ran into any snow.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...