Opinions?

I currently have a 2014 yz250F with a  full Yoshi and Rekluse 3.0 core.   I also have a 2013 Husqvarna Te310r that is uncorked.  My delema is I want a bike that is going to run like my 250f but be street legal.  The Husky just doesn't perform up to my Yamaha and the Yamaha obviously isn't street legal.  I was debating between a 2012 WR450F, a ktm 350 exc, husky 350 fe, ktm/husky TE.  Is the ktm 350 exc tuned way down from the xc's?  Is the Yamaha way behind the ktm and husky?  Does the Yamaha need a bunch of pipes and remaps?  Do the KTM/HUSKIES?  Is the KYB SSS worth losing a few horsepower and adding a few pounds that the Yamaha does?  I don't want a dual sport!!!!!!  I want a motocross bike I can ride on the road.  I'll be 90% off road and 10% on road.

Edited by rider300

3 hours ago, rider300 said:

I currently have a 2014 yz250F with a  full Yoshi and Rekluse 3.0 core.  I don't want a dual sport!!!!!! 

I want a motocross bike I can ride on the road.  I'll be 90% off road and 100% 10%? on road.

Why don't you street plate the YZ250F?  This is possible in some states but I don't know about PA, otherwise you may have to resort to a factory 'dual sport'.

lol.  No.  I don't want to change the gearing everytime I go from a trail to track to road.  Mine is perfect for trail and track.  Not even close for road.  Plus by the time I bought the street legal kit and upgraded the coil I might as well get something that is good everywhere.  I have been looking at a 2012 wr450F in great shape for $4000 but I see they only have 41 horsepower.  That's what my 250 has.  How bad is the WR corked up with that exhaust?  Really like the '17 Husky 350 FE but $11,000?  OUCH.

17 hours ago, rider300 said:

I'm really considering a new Beta 300 RR and throwing a Rekluse on it. 

Nothing wrong with that - - good choice.  Note that the Beta two-strokes are basically street legal from the factory in many states.  They come equipped with a functional high/low beam headlight, tail/brake lights, horn, DOT knobbies, and wired for flasher & turn signals.  All it needs are mirrors and to mount turn signals.

Edited by Chas_M

• 2 weeks later...