Antigravity Batteries Product Giveaways - LAST NIGHT TO ENTER! Read more... ×

Yamaha ttr 90 kick start jammed

Was just wondering if you or anyone could help with a problem I have with my sons ttr 90 the kick will not move at all he was riding it fine for about an hour or so then the bike just locked up and will not start he has only had it since Christmas 17 it usually kicked first time excellent running and in sound condition I've had a price on servicing but just wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice to maybe fix myself 

Sounds like it over heated maybe. Take the top of motor to see if you can free up the piston and if anything was busted.

Im sure by now you have fixed the problem. But if you have"nt then it could be the oil pump screws have  backed out and jammed into the gear. This will put an end to any movement other than in neutral. i just fixed my sons that had the same exact problem.  Open up your clutch cover (right side), and the small gear that is just behind the clutch might be the culprit. the screws will back out and rub against the gear until they wear enough to fall out. Then its game over, this also resulted in a spot where the oil pump will bind the slightest bit.

Dont think its ok to use that oil pump gear again, because its more than likely going to happen again. I found one on Ebay for $6 and it works great. for a total of $15 i was up and running again