Where to buy the kit for daves carb mod and the smog block off?

There isn't any actual kit for Dave's mods.  The mods are a combination of modifications to the existing carburetor parts and then new jets and a needle shim.  Jets R Us online will have what you need for the carb.  There may be a well stocked motorcycle shop close to you that stocks Keihin jets.  The needle shim is just a washer that measures .030" thick or so and can be found at a hardware store.

There a bunch of places to get the smog block off kit.  You can do a search for it and find a supplier.  Ebay is loaded with them for about $15.  One isn't really any better than the other. 

Edited by Hollerhead
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedeyeYZ said:

6sigma jet kits. They include the pilot, 3 mains, as well as everything you need for Dave's mods. Price under 50$

That's pretty cool that they will bundle everything.  A little pricey, but very convenient.  

Any idea what is meant by their 4 different "stages"?  

I also wonder about their modified slide spring and exhaust mod.  I assume it is just how to instructions and not actual parts.  

Have you tried their kit and have any of those details?

Edited by Hollerhead
  • Like 1

Ok thanks guys I'll probably get the all in 1 kit cause the washer I don't really know  The diameter of the washer and want to have everything when I take it apart. I just say some blocks off on eBay some are grey prob  aluminum and some more black I'm hoping they're painted black and not plastic. Thanks again guys for all your help!!

• Like 1

That's pretty cool that they will bundle everything.  A little pricey, but very convenient.  
Any idea what is meant by their 4 different "stages"?  
I also wonder about their modified slide spring and exhaust mod.  I assume it is just how to instructions and not actual parts.  
Have you tried their kit and have any of those details?

There exhaust mod is grinding the baffles in the head pipe. Their 4 stages depend upon your over all mods. 1 is stock, 2 is opened air box and exhaust mod, 3 is full exhaust and high flow filter, and 4 is moded engine (hi-comp piston ect). I don't recommend doing the spring mod it can lead to other problems.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedeyeYZ said:

There exhaust mod is grinding the baffles in the head pipe. Their 4 stages depend upon your over all mods. 1 is stock, 2 is opened air box and exhaust mod, 3 is full exhaust and high flow filter, and 4 is moded engine (hi-comp piston ect). I don't recommend doing the spring mod it can lead to other problems.

Cool, thanks for the info.  

I guess I was hoping they were doing something that wasn't one of the common mods and I would have something to do to mine tomorrow.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RedeyeYZ said:

This is one of the biggest areas of inconsistency on the L.

I've seen pics of terrible welds blocking flow, checked mine and it was all nice and open.