Sign in to follow this  

Need help with fitting.

Hi, im pretty new to the forums so im going to introducw myself. Im brandon and i am confused what i should get. I am 5'2 and in the 140-150 pounds and pretty experienced with four wheelers and dirt bikes. My question is would i be able play around on something like a stock yfz 450 without having to constantly be up on it making sure it wouldnt flip. Would i be able to handle the power/tourqe while being able to mess around and have fun?

The yfz450 is a great platform low wide and fast, it does breathe really well at high rpm and is a blast to ride, the throttle is very manageable and I shouldn't think you would be out of control (unless you wanted to be), I put a first time 2 wheeler rider on my wr400f last weekend and it was no big deal. The bike will for the most part only do what you want it to.

Just now, twinstar king said:

The yfz450 is a great platform low wide and fast, it does breathe really well at high rpm and is a blast to ride, the throttle is very manageable and I shouldn't think you would be out of control (unless you wanted to be), I put a first time 2 wheeler rider on my wr400f last weekend and it was no big deal. The bike will for the most part only do what you want it to.

So, i would be able to manage something along the lines of a stock yfz pretty well?

Just now, 711coffee239 said:

So, i would be able to manage something along the lines of a stock yfz pretty well?

Depending on what your prior experience is with I would say yes, but I don't know what you've ridden before

Depending on what your prior experience is with I would say yes, but I don't know what you've ridden before

I have been riding a yz 85 but ive been on four wheels my whole life... started at 3 years on a kfx 50

3 minutes ago, 711coffee239 said:

I have been riding a yz 85 but ive been on four wheels my whole life... started at 3 years on a kfx 50

At you're height and weight, and commingled from a yz 85, a trx400ex sporttrax would be pretty fun and lot less money than the 450. But if you've been riding a 2stroke mx bike then you know to respect the throttle and when to use the clutch, the big thing is, that if you don't feel like you can handle a bike then maybe you should work up to it, or find a friend that has one and will let you try it out. For putting around at your weight you'd probably have a blast on a honda trx400ex sportrax , and still be able to pull wheelies.

1 minute ago, twinstar king said:

At you're height and weight, and commingled from a yz 85, a trx400ex sporttrax would be pretty fun and lot less money than the 450. But if you've been riding a 2stroke mx bike then you know to respect the throttle and when to use the clutch, the big thing is, that if you don't feel like you can handle a bike then maybe you should work up to it, or find a friend that has one and will let you try it out. For putting around at your weight you'd probably have a blast on a honda trx400ex sportrax , and still be able to pull wheelies.

Okay man, ill have to try them both. Thank you, youve been a big help

Yeah no problem I've been riding quads since I was 14, let me know how it goes, stay safe and God bless

You to?

If you want to challenge yourself and learn fast, the 450 would be ok. I was about 15 when I got my first 450 bike, and I loved it, taught me respect for a motorcycle.