Sign in to follow this  

Need help with first bike as an adult.

Hi all, 

I've been having a lot of trouble deciding what kind of bike would be best for me. The last time a rode one was on a Honda cr70 I had when I was 13. Well fast forward to now I'm 23, weight 156lb. And I'm just a hair under 6' tall. 

I've been really on the fence as to what size of bike would suit me best. 2 stroke or 4 stroke doesn't matter I just want something that won't break down a lot and is easy to repair. I'm planning on being pretty hard on the bike, falls, rough terrain, maybe some jumps, so lower the price the better(not looking for a new bike) I have two OHV locations within a short drive of me one is dunes and the other is trails,  so that is where I will be doing most of my riding. So what do you all think? 

Thanks in advance. 

For off road, get a 250, either two or four stroke, whatever best suits you..

I normally don't recommend 250 two strokes to novices, but it seems like you're ready to get down and dirty and learn how to ride this summer. You're a little light, so the 250 will feel super fast at first, and you'll probably whiskey throttle a few times, but give it 15 dedicated hours on the bike and you'll get much better. Once you're better, you'll be glad you have the 250 smoker.