2005 Ktm exc 400 chain and sprocket

I've just put new chain and sprockets on my 2005 ktm exc 400. All the info I found says it comes with 114 links in the chain and as I went back to original gearing I went for that. Broke the chain down to that many links, had the new sprockets on, and the chain is upper super tight. The adjuster blocks are as far forward as they go, and I could barley get the chain on. I've counted three times the links and there are 114 like all the info tells me. It does look like at some point the adjuster blocks have been put on facing the other way? I've built it back up as it shows in the manual. Am I missing something, or is the 114 links just wrong?

Ktms need to be need to be fairly lose, so if obviously tight its going to do damage.  I guess youve tried flipping the axle blocks?

Also what the book says , is stock gearing may not be accurate to actuality. example, my 2015 in the book, and spec sheets, you will find 14/50 or 13/50 when in actuality they came with 15/45 gearing, no place Ive seen in writing showed that gearing , it also came with a 114 link chain, which I had to count, cause no literature showed a 114, only a 118.

13 minutes ago, Spud786 said:

Ktms need to be need to be fairly lose, so if obviously tight its going to do damage.  I guess youve tried flipping the axle blocks?

Also what the book says , is stock gearing may not be accurate to actuality. example, my 2015 in the book, and spec sheets, you will find 14/50 or 13/50 when in actuality they came with 15/45 gearing, no place Ive seen in writing showed that gearing , it also came with a 114 link chain, which I had to count, cause no literature showed a 114, only a 118.

So rotating the axle blocks is a legitimate thing to do? I thought of that but it showed them this way round in the manual, didn't say I couldn't though ? 

I just got the links info off here and the previous chain was 114 too, obviously stretched a lot!! 

And the sprocket sizes were what every supplier quoted as being the stock set-up.

Thanks