KX250F Bogging down

Hi all

Got a kxf250 2013 which we've had for about 4 months. About 6 weeks ago it started bogging down or just cutting out. Its been to Kawasaki dealer who plugged it in and the diagnostic showed 19 faults with the air pressure sensor.  I was replaced and we took the bike out for a test and after 5 mins it started bogging down and cutting out again. we were leaving the bike to cool down and on the following rides out after 5 mins or so the same thing would happen again. could it be an issue when the bike is upto running temperature maybe ?????????

Back to the dealers it went and this time the stator was removed and sent away for test. All was fine until they used an heat gun to warm it up and it was showing as faulty when hot. That was "fixed" and we got the bike back again only for the same thing to happen again after 5 mins or so. 

Any ideas where to look now please guys ?

Did they put a new stator on it? I don't think you can "fix" it without sending it off to have it rewound. My 06 was doing like that and I put a different stator on it and it seemed to fix the worst of it. Might check the spark plug wire and cap are snug and fit together well? My cap has a tendency to ride up a little and can sometimes have similar symptoms.

I would check all the cables and temp sensor(for the coolant).

Also if you are able to test the pump for longer period with external power supply.

It would be easier if you have a friend with same bike and replace some parts to check ...... method of exclusion.

On Mon Mar 13 2017 at 3:39 AM, gduck24 said:

Did they put a new stator on it? I don't think you can "fix" it without sending it off to have it rewound. My 06 was doing like that and I put a different stator on it and it seemed to fix the worst of it. Might check the spark plug wire and cap are snug and fit together well? My cap has a tendency to ride up a little and can sometimes have similar symptoms.

The pick up eye was replaced on the stator. I have no idea what one of those is but i was told the problem would be cured. I have also replaced the coil but again the bike lasts 10 mins before cutting out.

On Mon Mar 13 2017 at 6:10 AM, phatsmall said:

I would check all the cables and temp sensor(for the coolant ).

Also if you are able to test the pump for longer period with external power supply.

It would be easier if you have a friend with same bike and replace some parts to check ...... method of exclusion.

All cables are good. Originally thought we had a problem with the wiring and replaced the wiring loom with no joy. We have disconnected the temp sensor in the back of the engine but again this made no difference.

1 minute ago, flabdog said:

All cables are good. Originally thought we had a problem with the wiring and replaced the wiring loom with no joy. We have disconnected the temp sensor in the back of the engine but again this made no difference.

What about the pressure of the pump for a longer period?

4 minutes ago, phatsmall said:

You need suitable meter for pressure, multimeter to find + and - of the pump.

you check here and here.

I have done this with my car in the past it should be the same for the bike.

Thanks for that I'll get it checked out.