Maybe not Plug and Play but generaly Yes .

I use a 1997 XR 250 Baja Tank on my 2005 XR400 , the Tank from the 2005 XR400 on my 1984 XL600 and the Tank from a XR 600 on the XR250 baja.

Its the front tank mount and seat that need to mach the Tank . 

That's awesome guys, thanks a lot for your input.  I thought they were interchangeable but I started second guessing myself.  I think I saw different oem part numbers for the tanks, but it probably had to do with looks and not fit.  

Depends on what part of the number is different: The first part is the Honda function and will most likely be the same for any Honda tank, the middle is the product code and would indicate same design, and fit. The last part are for minor revisions, vendor, and color and usually don't affect fit. 

Honda has standard designs that they reuse which leads to all of the tank fitments previously posted.  I put a XR100 tank on a XR200R by fabbing brackets for the front mounts. 84 XR250R tank on a late XR200R, just bolted on.

Thanks, Chuck! Good to  know about the part numbers as I rebuild these bikes.

Lots of these tanks will fit my Ttr 250 Yamaha fairly nicely. I have no idea which model I have ( I'd say 250 or maybe 200). It's orange and I thinkay have had the blue wing with Honda under neath. I think they was 84 or 85.. had to get creative on mounts which only consists of 2 sets of original ttr 250 brackets instead of 1. The original rubber (from the ttr frame ) at the back of the tank  a large pool noodle about 4 inches long in the mid frame. And more modification to the seat then anything. You have to grind or cut aw away alot on the bottom front seat plastic. But I left mine so it could be still be used if I fell onto another original. At over 800 bucks I'm not expecting to to .painting is the biggest problem for me. Strange why so many 35 yr old tanks survived but majority of the ttr 250 tanks are bad  at 15 yr old .every plastic part is about be different