Scottish Six Days Trial

Stan Bakgaard from BC and Jon English from ON are in again this year and have both ridden the Scottish a number of times.  I see Kylee, Zak and Dennis Sweeten are going as well..

Where did you guys see the list of entrants? I can't find it. Looking for a local guy here that I know. I believe he was highest finishing American at last year's competition. 

Edit: lol oops found it! Guess he won't be there. 

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur

Travis Fox was top American last year. I bought my first modern trials bike from their shop... great people!  For most American trials riders, it's a once in a lifetime trip. I'd love to go spectate.  Canadian friend's entry was accepted this year, but he had to withdraw due to a work commitment.

Travis Fox was top American last year. I bought my first modern trials bike from their shop... great people!  For most American trials riders, it's a once in a lifetime trip. I'd love to go spectate.  Canadian friend's entry was accepted this year, but he had to withdraw due to a work commitment.

Yeah, Travis and Jim are great people. Jim did a lot of detective work for me when I was looking for an older bike. He wasn't even going to get anything out of the bikes, but he gave me a handful of phone numbers to call in my search, and even made a bunch of calls himself. I went up to his "barn" and Travis gave us a little demo in his back yard lol.

I'll be seeing them at the end of this month in Candytown. Are you going to that competition? I'm just going to watch. I still don't have the guts to compete, even in beginner. I feel goofy with even little kids when they're better than I.

It stinks there's so few competitions around here. I read one post of a guy who competed 17 times in one year. I've only seen one more comp in the area this year. That's in September, close to where Foxes are. And what's really sad is the last time I talked to Jim, about 2 months ago, he was talking of getting out of selling. He said GasGas is getting into the corporate mentality and making things really difficult on him and the other little shops.

I'm in NY, so most District 6 is a long ways for me.  Lucky for me that I have a lot of other trials close by.... D4, 3D, NTR, Miller Ranch.