I've had my 2005 crf450 it's a clean bike nothing wrong but I've been wanting to trade for a 2 stroke again so I put it up and someone offered me a completely rebuilt 1998 cr250, has extra crank cases , 2 extra good cranks and a complete roller except motor l, the bike has rebuilt suspension and new wheel bearings new plastics, would it be worth reading straight across and his includes all the xtras?

U ride track for the most part?

I do sometimes I'm looking to get into it more but most the time I go in trails I'm not worried I won't like it I'm just wondering if it's a fair trade

Sounds pretty fair to me. You would be set for awhile with that deal. And u could build another cr250 motor to drop into the roller

I think that if you're used to the power of your 450 and ride it well you'll be disappointed in a 19 year old 250. Sell it and by a 300, or a newer 250 2t.

juz zayin..

Alot of people hated the suspension and chassis of the 1st generation aluminum CR's. That said, I loved my 98, but it also had a pro circuit ported cylinder and valved suspension.
Look the frame over for cracks around the head tube and engine mounts. Be wary of any weld repairs. If all is good then go for it.

I'm running an 01 engine in a newer chasiss. I've had to wait on some parts. 98 won't be getting better every day. 

19 and olt.