02 crf450r clutch material or water in tranny?

Just rebuilt water pump, shaft, both seals , bearing, oring on case, case gasket and seal around water cover. was getting this before rebuild and i still am.was thinking maybe its clutch material, looks like water. theres a chunk off grass or bark in their but thats from me.

20170315_122659.jpg

20170315_122701.jpg

You pulled this pink stuff from your transmission side? Was that container washed out real good before u used it?

trust me thats the way it looks. i opened the big allen head inspection hole where you can check timing and Thats how it looked before it came out.

1 hour ago, ryan760us said:

You pulled this pink stuff from your transmission side? Was that container washed out real good before u used it?

i used white grease on the seal and bearing, i dont think i used that much.

That's automatic transmission fluid right there. Not meant for manual transmissions, and not meant for motorcycles. Well if I was in your shoes I'd put some Honda Hp transmission oil in there and go for a ride. Then change it again and go for anther ride. Get it off your clutch plates ASAP or you will ruin them.

5 minutes ago, ryan760us said:

That's automatic transmission fluid right there. Not meant for manual transmissions, and not meant for motorcycles. Well if I was in your shoes I'd put some Honda Hp transmission oil in there and go for a ride. Then change it again and go for anther ride. Get it off your clutch plates ASAP or you will ruin them.

this is what ive been using.

1489618328026483710380.jpg

Automatic tranny oil work perfectly in dirtbike tranny. They both contain the same part( gears, bearing, clutch). Never put manual tranny oil in your dirtbike tranny, manual tranny oil have additive for the synchro, dirt bike doesnt have synchro. Dont make the mistake, I ran atf automatic transmision oil in my 5 past dirtbike without any issue, no cltuch problem, no worn bearing and gear. It's cheap and work fine

this is what ive been using.
1489618328026483710380.jpg

AHHH I got ya. Well u might still have gotten some water in there somehow. Change it, go for a ride and see if it still looks like that. Are u losing coolant? Or have u ride through deep water?

41 minutes ago, ryan760us said:

AHHH I got ya. Well u might still have gotten some water in there somehow. Change it, go for a ride and see if it still looks like that. Are u losing coolant? Or have u ride through deep water?

i checked coolant still full, i just did a piston and APE head so it just got coolant. everything probably has an hour on it.

14896229668542012977044.jpg

Automatic tranny oil work perfectly in dirtbike tranny. They both contain the same part( gears, bearing, clutch). Never put manual tranny oil in your dirtbike tranny, manual tranny oil have additive for the synchro, dirt bike doesnt have synchro. Dont make the mistake, I ran atf automatic transmision oil in my 5 past dirtbike without any issue, no cltuch problem, no worn bearing and gear. It's cheap and work fine

Yes that's correct transmission oil is great for sure. Transmission fluid for cars is not good to use in a bike transmission. Based on the pink color I thought it was automatic transmission fluid (ATF). I don't use bel rays I had no idea it was pink. I would never use ATF in any bike. ATF is not an oil but a mixture of various chemical compounds containing a large number of additives. Those additives can cause pitting in the friction plates. Clutch plates on these Honda bikes are not the same thing as clutch plates in a car. Yes ATF "works" but there are many oils that will work better. That bel rays is 80w gear oil so I bet it works great