16 YZ250f clutch ajustment?

Its a new to us bike with a little over 40hrs on it and the clutch doesn't engage until it's almost fully released. The cable has a little bit of slack in it and I pulled the clutch cover to see if there was a adjustment on the push rod but nope. Is there any other adjustment I can do or is it just time for new fibers? Thanks 

11 hours ago, YZJohn250 said:

Its a new to us bike with a little over 40hrs on it and the clutch doesn't engage until it's almost fully released. The cable has a little bit of slack in it and I pulled the clutch cover to see if there was a adjustment on the push rod but nope. Is there any other adjustment I can do or is it just time for new fibers? Thanks 

Pull the clutch cover off and measure your plates and fibres. 

13 hours ago, YZJohn250 said:

Are you saying there's play in the cable with all of the adjustment at the lever? If so, then like the other person said measure your plates and replace your cable. But if not, then it's pretty normal. I have a 16 also and I like it out far so when I clutch with one or two fingers and the lever hits my other fingers the clutch still disengages. You can change the release point some with the adjustment at the lever but I found it to make it grabby and harder to slip at the start if there's to much free play.

• Like 1