Dr 350 1991 small box behind headlights

Is there supposed to be a small black box behind the headlight 

Perhaps you could start a single thread for you to ask your questions rather than starting a new one every time.

Take a picture to show us what you're talking about.

8 minutes ago, hscarborough said:

Perhaps you could start a single thread for you to ask your questions rather than starting a new one every time.

20170315_212549.jpg

20170315_212544.jpg

14 minutes ago, hscarborough said:

My bad bro my OCD doesn't let me not do it :( 

My bad bro my OCD doesn't let me not do it  

Just start a thread called Smashing Trees DR350 Questions or something and post there.

I don't recognize that box from the photos. Remove the headlight cowling and take a closer look. It is only 3 screws. 1 on either side and one just about the fender. Be careful not to lose the little spacers from the side bolts.

55 minutes ago, hscarborough said:

Just start a thread called Smashing Trees DR350 Questions or something and post there.

I don't recognize that box from the photos. Remove the headlight cowling and take a closer look. It is only 3 screws. 1 on either side and one just about the fender. Be careful not to lose the little spacers from the side bolts.

20170315_223129.jpg

20170315_223125.jpg

20170315_223120.jpg

Edited by SmashingTrees

20170315_223129.jpg

20170315_223125.jpg

20170315_223120.jpg

That looks like a battery and your headlight looks like a dirt model. Am I right? Is your bike street legal? If so, then it's likely someone added that battery pack to pass inspection.

You should check your state laws because it may be hard to get that bike street legal in CA.

2 minutes ago, hscarborough said:

That looks like a battery and your headlight looks like a dirt model. Am I right? Is your bike street legal? If so, then it's likely someone added that battery pack to pass inspection.

Yeah it is street legal but I am not sure if it was a dirt bike before. It is my first bike ever so I am trying to figure everything out since I can't find a owners manual :/ 

7 minutes ago, hscarborough said:

You should check your state laws because it may be hard to get that bike street legal in CA.

Well it was already registered in cali but then the guy moved to Florida and registered it there and now here I am trying to register it here lol

Yeah it is street legal but I am not sure if it was a dirt bike before. It is my first bike ever so I am trying to figure everything out since I can't find a owners manual :/ 

It is likely a dirt model bike. I suspect it will be difficult I to get street legal in CA. Take a photo of the side of your whole bike and I can tell you. Both sides would be good.

Check out the service manual on Greg Benders site below. I have both a dirt model and a dual sport model.

http://thisoldtractor.com/dr350_workshop_manuals___shop_manuals___service_manuals.html

Yep. Dirt model bike. No passenger footpegs, different gas tank mounting method, different headlight etc... Same as what I call "Yellow Bike" in my build thread. I have a dirt model DR250 that's now turned 350.

Just now, hscarborough said:

Yep. Dirt model bike. No passenger footpegs, different gas tank mounting method, different headlight etc... Same as what I call "Yellow Bike" in my build thread. I have a dirt model DR250 that's now turned 350.

Well it was already registered before in California so I don't think it will be too bad 

Well it was already registered before in California so I don't think it will be too bad 

Sounds good. Well, check out the link I sent you to the service manual. You should find all the info you need in there for just about anything.

6 minutes ago, hscarborough said:

Sounds good. Well, check out the link I sent you to the service manual. You should find all the info you need in there for just about anything.

Thanks you very much you have been helpful take care and ride safe!!!