2001 KX100 Bottom End

Hey guys,

So this weekend I am purchasing a 2001 KX 100 with a seized bottom end for 300 bucks. Doing some searching I found a complete bottom end off a 07 KX100 for the same price.

Will the 07 Bottom end work with the 01 Top end? According to the guy selling the bottom end, the only difference is that the powervalve on that year has a breather.....

Thanks

Should be a complete drop on situation.   The only thing I would be asking is how long the 07 is going to last?   For 300 (and you are likely going to offer less WHEN you get there) I would buy them both,  and begin a rebuild on the older one.   It is a good bike for a lot of different riders.   I sold my nephew's kx 100 to a man in his 30's that loves it years later.  (he is right at 5 ft tall.) 

Also, have you seen the top end off of the seized bike?

Edited by ossagp

ok so it will work then? He claims that the bottom end only has 15 hours on it and was used as a back up for racing. Of course I will inspect the crankshaft when I go to purchase. No I have not seen the seized bottom end yet. The bike im buying has the pro circuit modified engine. But I priced out a hot rods crankshaft assembly at $233. Will that crankshaft work with the Pro circuit engine?

Make sure to get all the paperwork that says what has been done to the engine. It could be useful when looking for replacement parts. I am going to guess he has misplaced the paperwork. Ossa was asking if you had seen the condition of the top end of the seized engine. If the cylinder and head are damaged repair cost could double.

Edited by 351mustanger

2001-2005 use the same crank and 2006-2013 use the same. You will need to verify the year of the bottom end. The cylinder on the 2001 will fit the 2007 bottom end.