2011 yz450f will not start without throttle and cuts out when let of throttle.

hi im new to site any help would be apreciated .

my yz450 2011

is having issues starting . I need to open throttle to.start and if I let of it will die it will not idle . Attall with free play . Unless I take free play out on cable (so butterlys open)

also when I go to ride it with cable slack removed . The bike hesitates until rpm is about 3-5000 rpm I'm guessing and then the power.kicks in only had a quick.gp.sp.only went around my street in 1st n 2nd. .

it's had a full rebuild bought as project. It's was fine for a few hours until I shimmed and found a spring cap retainer cracked.  problem has been since I put the head back together but it's definitely timed correctly and in spec

thanks all

Thanks for reply . Upto now I have cleaned the throttle body.   messed with starter plunger Cleaned the injector.and fuel pump filter . (best I could)I have checked clearances. Replaced the air intake pressure senor . And tried it on the atmospheric sensor as it's the same.reset tps. Cleaned most if the conectors on bike electrics

I have just this minute done a leak test with fuel on the valves as ive torn it do tonight. .

head and barrel are fine.

last week I took bike to Manchester for diagnostics was fault codes but all were reset and didn't re show. ( he said they had come from when if been unclipping sensors and starting bike. .

Edited by Josh Raw Green

the bike ran flaw less for 2 hours the problems started after the top hat spring retainer cracked. (didn't break up)

just put valves in my drill in carb hose to protect. There all straight