PWK carb spring [updated with pics]

See my carb spring testing here: Edit, will recreate here later today

I did not like the PWK because hits transferred into the throttle. Especially did not like the whisky throttle when I dropped my elbow on hard landings. If I had known then, what I know now, I would have liked it. This spring change together with G2 Egro's throttle tamer, cam 700 would have been perfect

Edited by 1gr8bldr

I expect Terry can order them with a stiffer spring.... or keep some stiffer on hand

Surprisingly, the springs don't feel much different in the hand. I recreated my test in a  slightly different way. The first time I weighted the springs with a steel rod with the springs in a socket. This time I used 2 3/8 extensions for weight with a 9/16 deep socket. The springs have to have side support.  In one pic you can not see the stock pwk spring at all. It does not support the weight. The stiffest spring, not shown is in my Freeride (:

20170315_160500.jpg

20170315_160320.jpg

20170315_160249.jpg

20170315_160246.jpg

20170315_160226.jpg

The spring I used was  Honda part # 16050-GBF-B41 . I tried many random springs from searching which bikes had PWKs. Turns out that a spring that Chuck mentioned from a CR85, if I recall, was the stiffest.

18 hours ago, 1gr8bldr said:

The spring I used was  Honda part # 16050-GBF-B41 . I tried many random springs from searching which bikes had PWKs. Turns out that a spring that Chuck mentioned from a CR85, if I recall, was the stiffest.

Thanks for posting. I had mixed some parts from two carbs (CR85 & KX85) so I couldn't be positive which carb had the stiff spring.